Parking fine due a single digit inserted ?

stuss

V.i.P Oakley connesuir
TK Supporter
Caron forwarded this ablasute joke of a parking fine on to me..

Monday Caron had a mamogram appointment ,@ not so local hospital..
The carpark in question uses ANPR..
£2.00 park for 14hours. Fine I thought we used my car as Caron's is up for sale..

Paid accordingly ( I thought )
Yesterday 14th March a letter was delivered. She opened it
A fine was implemented due illegal parking, on closer inspection, on paying for parking I inserted a extra 0 ..
Purely by mistake, I am 100% at fault. But in my defence the buttons on ticket machine were sticky, but I should of checked the registration number on the ticket..I am not dishonest in the slightest, & was stressed going to hospital, due to caron being cautious of the examination.
There is no contact no on the parking fine..Simply a email address, or write in person to complain.. caron has the original ticket photograph 2..
Should I simply pay for my ineptitude, or complain.

Over and out .

Attachments

• 20200315_125640.jpg
    20200315_125640.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 43
  • 20200315_125541.jpg
    20200315_125541.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 41
There is a number for payment on the first pic (y)
Payment is automated, I think Caron wants a rant, @ the company. The buttons on the ticket machine were stickier more so than my younguns toilet roll..

Caron forwarded this ablasute joke of a parking fine on to me..

Monday Caron had a mamogram appointment ,@ not so local hospital..
The carpark in question uses ANPR..
£2.00 park for 14hours. Fine I thought we used my car as Caron's is up for sale..

Paid accordingly ( I thought )
Yesterday 14th March a letter was delivered. She opened it
A fine was implemented due illegal parking, on closer inspection, on paying for parking I inserted a extra 0 ..
Purely by mistake, I am 100% at fault. But in my defence the buttons on ticket machine were sticky, but I should of checked the registration number on the ticket..I am not dishonest in the slightest, & was stressed going to hospital, due to caron being cautious of the examination.
There is no contact no on the parking fine..Simply a email address, or write in person to complain.. caron has the original ticket photograph 2..
Should I simply pay for my ineptitude, or complain.

Over and out .

Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

Join this forum and ask there, there's a wealth of knowledge and experience on there.

My brother did something similar only he typed in the wrong letter.
He tried to complain but they wouldnt have it and, he had the fine to pay.
With that said though, you have to try as it may be different for you

There's a forum I've heard of called Pepipoo where people also assist with PCN's. Also, if you or your good lady are on Facebook there might be local groups with experience of this particular hospital and company.

Hope the mammogram went OK.

There's a forum I've heard of called Pepipoo where people also assist with PCN's. Also, if you or your good lady are on Facebook there might be local groups with experience of this particular hospital and company.

Hope the mammogram went OK.
Thank you for the advice, caron is 4 years clear, 1 year left on Tamoxifen, then all clear..

How do they suppose they can issue a parking notice to a vehicle that does not exist on the dvla database ??

What puzzles me is that the registration is correct on the notice letter ??

They have clearly looked to find the correct registration ??

Absolutly no way on earth i would be paying it and would go to a CAB for advice etc.

Hope your good lady caron is doing ok bless her (y)

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&s...FjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw2Go9eSf-QYqWm5fri10KTc

Last edited:
How do they suppose they can issue a parking notice to a vehicle that does not exist on the dvla database ??

What puzzles me is that the registration is correct on the notice letter ??

They have clearly looked to find the correct registration ??

I suspect they have numberplate recognition cameras on the entry and exit points, and that any plate that doesn't tally up with the machine automates a ticket. They're swines.

Mate dont give in to this theiving s*its. They do crap like this to pocket money off people. Fight back and stand your ground mate. Im sure you will prevail mate.

Hope the lady of the house is doing ok mate.

Given the fact that you've paid the parking ticket and made a typing error, I think there's good grounds for you to get off with the fine.

*Important* Do not rush to contact the company or appeal UNTIL you've looked over expert advice.

That advice is available on the Money Saving Expert forum. I got good advice from there, got off due to information from there, but the rules are different for parking charges in Scotland.

Here's direct link (look over the sticky threads, there's members on there, I'm not kidding are experts on the subject, and lots of folks have got of legally with their fines.

Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking

Hiya mate, Just wanted to quickly jump in on this as I'm aware that a very similar case has been to court and was ruled in favour of the member of the public. There is therefore precedent to have this overturned.

Follow the guidance on the websites posted by others but it should be a simple case of providing the evidence (remember they do not know any ticket was bought) and them removing the fine. If it has to go to court you shouldn't have any problems but often it's easier to pay than go through that process.

Sorry but I can't find a link to the legal precedent online anywhere but I'm sure it happened.

Would like to say thank you to TK members, the links posted were of great use, on one of the links, a chap actually offered to get involved personally. Due to the fact I am away, Durham university also helped with advice, its certainty not money that's the issue its principal..
Everyone that helped regards advice, thank you.:laughing:

Back