passport for me mut

pabloescaban

VIP Member
I'm taking her for her passport tomorrow (Mon) 4pm

Am not looking forward to it, she's not had an innocculation in 4 years as last time she had them they made her really ill, this time she gotta have them all from scratch plus her rabies shot, it's not gonna be good, she's over 12.
she bin vets a few times recently, I took her in a few months back for full check up with x-rays, blood tests and a full ultrasound of all organs etc and all came back clear, vet said her innocs could do with updating but didn't seem overly bothered (once dogs reach a certain age vacs aren't as important as they covered for life) so tomorrow she will prob be under the weather for a few days.
In April she'll be going to France where she can chase all those French critters all day every day and sunbathe while I fish, and at nights she can moonbathe whle i fish and drink.
I should have done this years ago instead of leaving her at home with dog sitters, she will love it, wild animals everywhere, and I won't be worrying about her nor she about me and if push comes to shove, we can sit in the tent and eat eggs and drink tea.

The things you do for mans best friend but sounds like you and mutly will have a grand time fishing whilst mutly is checking out the local talent lol :(y):;)

oh yes, she'll love sniffing about in the woods, there's squirrels and rabbits to chase, wild boar and deer to bark at (from a safe distance!) and there's coypu and otters in the stream at the side of the lake, not to mention ducks and geese to stalk.
She just had her rabies shot and a new microchip put in, she's starting from scratch with her normal shots next week even though the vet said she doesn't need them for her passport, I'm gonna get them anyway as she's not had any for years

I'm taking her for her passport tomorrow (Mon) 4pm

Am not looking forward to it, she's not had an innocculation in 4 years as last time she had them they made her really ill, this time she gotta have them all from scratch plus her rabies shot, it's not gonna be good, she's over 12.
she bin vets a few times recently, I took her in a few months back for full check up with x-rays, blood tests and a full ultrasound of all organs etc and all came back clear, vet said her innocs could do with updating but didn't seem overly bothered (once dogs reach a certain age vacs aren't as important as they covered for life) so tomorrow she will prob be under the weather for a few days.
In April she'll be going to France where she can chase all those French critters all day every day and sunbathe while I fish, and at nights she can moonbathe whle i fish and drink.
I should have done this years ago instead of leaving her at home with dog sitters, she will love it, wild animals everywhere, and I won't be worrying about her nor she about me and if push comes to shove, we can sit in the tent and eat eggs and drink tea.
that is so cool.hope she comes thru the inocs ok.you may have to baby her for a few days,like dog owners dont already do that.lol

as an update to this post.
on the 8th, she had a rabies shot and after much scanning, the vet couldn't find the microchip she was supposed to have had fitted before i got her 11 years ago from the rescue centre, 'no problem' said the vet, 'they sometimes migrate any where on her body'
She scanned everywhere including her tail, no microchip, tried several scanners, deffo no chip.
'We'll have to installl a new chip as that's what holds all her passport info, rabies shots and other innoculations etc'
'OK, do it' says Pablo.
New chip installed, rabies shot, new passport, £125, 'bring her back in a fortnight and we'll give her her regular shots and sort the passport paper issue'

Took her back an hour ago for the main shots, so i said to the vet, 'can I try the scanner on her chip as I have to do it myself at the ferry port so wanna try it'
Tried it, nothing there, he tried it, still nothing there, he got his assistant to try another scanner, still nothing there.
Pair of them dumbfounded, me not happy. they say they'll give her another chip but I'm not happy as the first one dissapeered, the second one lasted just over a fortnight, how many microchips does one dog need? - what If I get to ferry port and there's no chip, or worse till, I'm at the port in France and they can't find it?
This is rapidly turning into a fiasco, I've spent almost 200 wing-wangs up to now and still have no proof that she even exists or has had any shots of any kind

no idea what's happening :mad: the pair of them said they'd never seen it or even heard of it before.
she still got no chip, the vet who put it in is going to ring me tomorrow and have words.
They said it's not an impossibility that the chip has failed, they want to anesthetise her and x-ray her at no cost to me but i'm not doing that, they can put a proper working chip in, free.
I don't know why they can't just use fully functioning chips, they can't be expensive - there's loads of places offer to do it for free

Last edited:
In time gone by they put the chip on the ear now it is back of neck and as they say easier for it to move in the body. In the ear the little lump could be felt. Anesthetic is not good in an old dog.

update to the update:
on 25th jan when they couldn't find the new microchip, they said the vet would ring me to arrange a new chip, she didn't.
I went back a week later for her last Lepto vaccine, no mention of the chip, passport or anything else, so I asked about it again
Apparently the only vet who could issue passports was off
another week passes, then last Wed i took here in for an 'awake xray' to verify there was no chip - there wasn't and a new microchip installed, at 'no charge to me'
They charged me £26 as it's 'no one's fault' the chip fell out and she has to have a new passport linked to the new chip, "pick it up from the surgery in a few days" they informed me, I was gonna go Friday to pick it up but decided to leave it til today to see if the new chip was still in.
En route to the Vets I got a call from the vet, " when you bring the dog in for her new passport, I've got to give here another rabies shot as the one given last month was recorded on her other chip and old passport" I was pulling into the car park by this time, so the upshot of it all is she's had every vaccine known to dogkind and been vaccinated against rabies twice and today, 41 days later she now has a passport

A word of warning to anyone wanting to get a pet passport, get it in plenty of time before you travel

Back