WilloBuild Password on OpenVix

gycuk1

Hi

My setup i have is
x5 VUSOLO2 all running OpenViX 5.4.001 (2020-10-07) with Willobuild .
However one of the boxes had a moment so i had to re-flash the firmware and so is now running OpenViX 5.4.005 with Willobuild over it. However as has been talked about i now have a password request when trying to use Fillzilla,putty or clicking into Network on my pc to acccess the box.

I have tried creating a password as suggested this doesnt appear to work for me. If i remember when i installed OpenViX 5.4.001 (2020-10-07) orginally you could run screipt to remove the password request. We have no wish to use the bxoes over the internet so really do not require the password

Does anyone have any ideas how to do this, or if i had a dream about the script ?

cheers for your help

New images as you said need a password setup on box first before you can run Filezilla for access.
Can you not use remote and change password if needed.

Other question did you setup in mounts a password for your box and if so would be needed to access files.
Internet is handy for so many things if you use a line or not.

New images as you said need a password setup on box first before you can run Filezilla for access.
Can you not use remote and change password if needed.

Other question did you setup in mounts a password for your box and if so would be needed to access files.
Internet is handy for so many things if you use a line or not.
Hi Cactikid, thanks for the reply

I have set the password as root yet still unable to log on. It says password is incoreect!!! thats on putty and windows

Just if i was to install OpenViX 5.4.001 as per the other installs does this mean the password would be removed? is there anyway to install this and put williobuild on it without willo installing the new version

Cheers

@Willo3092 flashing box with latest Openvix image one to use a password YES ?,when you overwrite it with yours does it remove or not?

Filezilla using ip of your box username root and password as root also,not sure if that would be confusing?

I presume box has a working ip connection not changed? and using Filezilla client on pc ?

Go into network settings and into password via remote.

I don't set a password on the build.
It should just be a matter of MENU > SETUP > NETWORK > PASSWORD and setting a password and green to save.
The receiver should then be accessible using root/password to login with Windows network or FTP.

If I have made a cockup and set a password it will be 1111

@Willo3092 flashing box with latest Openvix image one to use a password YES ?,when you overwrite it with yours does it remove or not?

Filezilla using ip of your box username root and password as root also,not sure if that would be confusing?

I presume box has a working ip connection not changed? and using Filezilla client on pc ?

Go into network settings and into password via remote.
Hi All No it does remove it putting willobuild on . All i found was this
Images on OE-Alliance 4.4 branch will no longer allow FTP if you do not have a password set. on another fourm and no willobuild doesnt remove it . The box has fixed ip and via windows the other 4 solo2 work find will williobuild and openvix. I was quite suprised to not have found anyone else with this issue

Ok box has a fixed ip and has it changed and you have checked?

If your using pc does SAMBA need to be running on box for access.

Maybe setup a password on box via remote save and exit out and retry Filezilla and i never worry about the notification pop up i get for ftp,close or ignore and carry on.

So 3 things are needed to be entered into Filezilla for a connection.

Just flashed my test SF8008 and there is NO password set by default. Samba is installed and running.
As stated all images on OE-Alliance now need a password set to access the box remotely. If you don't need to FTP to the box, don't set one.

Just flashed my test SF8008 and there is NO password set by default. Samba is installed and running.
As stated all images on OE-Alliance now need a password set to access the box remotely. If you don't need to FTP to the box, don't set one.
Correct there is no password set by defult, however when when a password is set you still cant not connect to the box. My box is set ip 192.168.1.137, Samba is running yet . so can you flash williobuild with older version of openvix?. Thus get around all this hassel with passwords i onlly wanted a freeview box to run in the boys room . i cant remember going through all this setting the others up.

filezilla is
Status: Connection attempt failed with "INCORRECT PASSWORD Connection refused by server

pICTURE 1 IS PASSWORD
PICTURE 2 SAMBA RUNNING

Attachments

• paint.png
    paint.png
    455.2 KB · Views: 25
  • samba.png
    samba.png
    425.5 KB · Views: 24
I can connect to my box immediately after setting a password and not heard of anyone else having a problem with it.

I've just tried setting my password as 'root' same as you have and it works fine.

1612282294175.png

1612282330369.png

Any password will work as long as saved, You can have issues if router password has been changed but only ever seen it once

Back