Cable password

set new password on box menu/setup/system/network/set password then when i try webif/terminal or putty i type ip address then root enter then itsasks for password but when itry to type password what i put on the box nothing goes on the black screen of terminal or putty it just stays blank that were im at

done that willo menu/setup/system/network/password setup/ typed password then green to save then restarted gui then ip address of box/ terminal/root/enter/password/typed password and enter and it still says password incorrect

tried restarting box as well still no joy has no one else just tried the latest open atv 6.3 or 6.4 to see if they can sort the password out as its doing me head in going to reflash me lads box again when he turns thanks every one

So you've gone into network settings and set a password? 1111 for example and then tried to login as root > 1111

ye done that willo set password restarted box then ip address clicked terminal typed root then typed password when it asked and it just says password incorrect thanks same with putty as well

that is on my sons box willo with the latest atv 6.3 but on my box which has an earlier version of 6.3 i dont even get asked for password it just connects straight away atv must of changed things again i think some one said some thing about it when they put 6.4 on there box but cant find the thread

6.3 has also been updated with the same security apparently.
Try this with dreamexplorer and then restart and put a new password in.

RESETTING ROOT PASSWORD.jpg

dont know grog my h2h with earlier 6.3 doesnt need password but my sons h2h with latest 6.3 did when i flashed it last week but the fix what willo posted worked i have just looked at flash online on the box and it looks like the three 6.3 updates have been updated again so maybe they have put it back to normal just wish that atv would stop messing about with things

Back