Paypal fees

neenja

A friend from america sent me money through paypal family and friends and they were charged a fee. I was under the assumption that charges are only made through goods and services. Can you guys give some advice as to how to remove or lower the fees? They suggested using wise instead.

So if they pay using usd, it won't charge them extra even if they're abroad?
I’m not sure bud but if I recieved a payment from Ireland I never got charged a fee infarct gained an extra couple quid most.
Only other thing I can think of is service and goods and they’ve charged you a service fee and your friend a conversion fee

I've sent GBP to France on lots of occasions and neither me nor the recipient has paid a fee, EG I send £85, the recipient gets €100

There is a small charge with Revolut too, since you feckers left the EU, when I buy something from my Sterling vault, there is a small outside EU fee.
Not sure how that would work with both the UK &US outside EU.
Both would have to have revolut, unless you send from revolut to foreign bank (but again, that could incur a different fee)

PayPal, as i understand it when sending inter currency has one of two fees
Goods and services - receiver pays applicable fees
F&F - sender pays applicable fees

There is a small charge with Revolut too, since you feckers left the EU, when I buy something from my Sterling vault, there is a small outside EU fee.
I don't understand this,
I'm both in the EU and outside it, 2 different REVOLUT accounts, and don't pay any fees between them, or to any REVOLUT account, in or out of EU from either of my accounts.
Maybe it's because I pay for my account,

Yes mate, no fees on premium accounts
A couple of quid a month is a no brainer for me, in general I need at least 3 currencies at any one time, occasionally only 2 , but I'd be paying massive fees either way then.

I keep Turkish Lira, Sterling and Euro, the minimal fees I get charged aren't worth talking about (im loaded lol) I think I paid 150 sterling and the fee was 40/50 pence.

Back