PayPal purchase advise needed

loncell

TK Veteran
I bought something off the net using PayPal but I've been later told it might be a scam.
Without going into detail it was £30 and should be in a decent sized box.
Tracking given says its due for delivery tomorrow. My question is, if the parcel doesn't match the size of the ordered item should I refuse it
Or accept then make a PayPal claim with pictures
Your thoughts

Don't think the size of the box would determine if the item ordered would be a scam.
Do you know the weight of the item ?
If in doubt, contact PayPal regards your concerns. If not as described you cannot lose. Just a ball ache returning items.

If your not happy with it then 100% open a dispute, i agree with stuss, query with PayPal now tell them you've heard its a scam what should you do? PayPal are pretty good, they will advice you

PayPal are the worst when it comes to sellers but a wonder with buyers lol.

Generally speaking in this situation you won't lose out. Speak to PayPal before hand see what they say and if it comes to it just open up a dispute on PayPal and escalate and provide the relevant evidence and you will get the refund depending on how long it takes them to investigate.

Depends what you mean by parcel doesn't match size of ordered item, I once ordered an amazon gift card and it arrived in a box you could have put a pair of wellies in
Had the same thing happen but with a dairy milk size bar of chocolate,The box was massive,some one in the distribution center entertaining them selves on a soul destroying shift.

The purchase should have been roughly a shoe box size box but while I was out it was posted through the letter box in an envelope.
Yep scam for sure, I've emailed PayPal with pictures of the package, purchase emails, tracking emails see what they say

Theres no way on earth one of them chinese blow up dolls will fit in an evelope :ROFLMAO: only kidding.
The amount of online scams has increased ten fold over the pandemic period and if was given a pound for every damn txt message ive had from various delivery companies saying you missed your delivery slot please log in with your account details to reschedule ffs lol i'd be a millionaire ffs.

The purchase should have been roughly a shoe box size box but while I was out it was posted through the letter box in an envelope.
Yep scam for sure, I've emailed PayPal with pictures of the package, purchase emails, tracking emails see what they say
Usually other way round big box small package you end up doing the recycling for them saves them money as a company.

The thing was I should have gone with my gut feeling and steered clear but because they were using PayPal I went with it.

I'm just glad it's only £30 then if I fail with my PayPal claim then it won't be that bad of a loss.

Theres no way on earth one of them chinese blow up dolls will fit in an evelope :ROFLMAO: only kidding.
The amount of online scams has increased ten fold over the pandemic period and if was given a pound for every damn txt message ive had from various delivery companies saying you missed your delivery slot please log in with your account details to reschedule ffs lol i'd be a millionaire ffs.
And the one were they say there's a charge on your delivery log in to pay £*.** to have it redelivered.
My landlines rarely gets picked up. 90% of the time it's an Amazon automated fraud message

Back