PC Build HELP

PreacherUK

I have an i9 on a MSI Torpedo Motherboard, 64 GB Ram, MSI 6650 Graphics Card, 1000 PS and having built it I get no graphics. I had uploaded the newest BIOS a few days beforehand to ensure compatibility with the MOBO, but I am at a loss as to what might be the issue. Anyone had similar issues they can assist with?

I haven’t built one for years so hopefully someone with up to date experience will help you but a bit more info might help .
Does the boot up (bios) screen show , have you plugged the screen into the motherboard connector . Take the graphics card out and use the motherboard connector . Reseat everything. What os are you using. Is it just 1 stick of ram ? If not can you try 1 stick at a time.

Tried the no card and plugged into the MB direct ... No bios showing. Also tried on Ram stick at a time as well as one I had tested on another machine. This is either something silly or expensive.
I am thinking of taking to a repair centre though that will cost me even more.

May be worth a try...? Built my own into a smaller case from a ridiculously oversized case, that had not been previously used (all new parts) i remember everything booting up and absolutely nothing on my screen, which was connected via HDMI from Graphics card to Monitor, not sure this will be a fix, but i swapped out the graphics card for an older one that had an old VGA port to enable me to see something on the screen using a vga lead from pc to monitor, my monitor had both old vga and HDMI Ports i think the drivers were out on the orig graphics card, it enabled me to see my screen at least, i then downloaded the driver for the original graphics card and installed it.
I then shut the pc down and put the original Graphics card back in and rebooted with HDMI Cable connected from Graphics card to Monitor and voila! It then worked and i had it working, from there onwards i was able to update all drivers to get the best out of my pc.
It's worth a shot and i hope this helps you out.
Kind Regards

hdmi is hot swappable , not to say nothing won’t get damaged but will be unlucky if that happens.
Try the system with the minimum amount of parts in it , disconnect anything not req’d ( case fans , memory card reader etc ) . Just need Mobo , cpu , 1 ram stick , 1 hd . Are you confident it boots , any bleeps at power on , do you have another screen to try.
As above , check cpu for bent pins.
you said you uploaded bios the other day , how did you do that ?

hdmi is hot swappable , not to say nothing won’t get damaged but will be unlucky if that happens.
Try the system with the minimum amount of parts in it , disconnect anything not req’d ( case fans , memory card reader etc ) . Just need Mobo , cpu , 1 ram stick , 1 hd . Are you confident it boots , any bleeps at power on , do you have another screen to try.
As above , check cpu for bent pins.
you said you uploaded bios the other day , how did you do that ?
I updated that before the upgrade. fairly easy to do. I have done the whole minimum stuff and with LGA 1200 CPUs there are no pins to bend.

Quick update, I took my PC to a local PC repair business. I explained everything and he is currently stumped too, but he has testing rigs so hopefully I will have an answer in a few days (Providing he doesn't have a Scottish New Year). I'll update so if we find others with similar issues in the future we can help. This is always my first point of reference when I have issues and I pass on the Techkings site to loads of people. I know folks here are always happy to help.

Quick update, I took my PC to a local PC repair business. I explained everything and he is currently stumped too, but he has testing rigs so hopefully I will have an answer in a few days (Providing he doesn't have a Scottish New Year). I'll update so if we find others with similar issues in the future we can help.

I think it must be a faulty component or connection, hopefully your dude can pour some light on the problem.

This is always my first point of reference when I have issues and I pass on the Techkings site to loads of people. I know folks here are always happy to help.
Most times it can be resolved here with the collective IQ's but not always. I'll wager it's a faulty connection

Last time that happened to me (on my 1st build), I had plugged in power to the motherboard (20+4) but forgot to plug in the 4 pin CPU supply! I panicked like hell til I went through methodically and found the problem.

Last time that happened to me (on my 1st build), I had plugged in power to the motherboard (20+4) but forgot to plug in the 4 pin CPU supply! I panicked like hell til I went through methodically and found the problem.
yes been there before :smiley:

what PSU modular have you got a full (All cables come separate), semi (Some cables are fixed directly into the PSU and not swappable) or none (PSU comes with fixed cables) also what wattage? also what power connectors does the graphics card take?

if its 2 x 8 (6+2) 16 pin total, are you using separate cables into each power connector or are you using the same Cable with an extension like this

71+qN4iIU0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

or are you running 2 separate ones? like below (x2)

61o5Y1GdLpS._SL1500_.jpg

I’d recommend using 2 separate 8 Pins (6+2) this way actually draws more power to your GPU and gets the proper voltage. there is a huge reddit discussion about using separate cables vs using extended ones, i can't find it but was a good read

Last edited:
Eventually sorted. Fault on the Motherboard. All up and running again after a complete rebuild. Drove me mad for days. Thanks for all the advice though as although it wasn't obvious, I am sure others will find this thread useful in the future.

Back