PC Continues to Crash, Possible Driver Issue?

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
My pc just crashed, I have only just re set it up. Seemed to crash for no reason.
So can any of you guys help with what it means. sorry not read it yet pasted direct to here!
results from whocrashed!

computer name: GAMING-PC
windows version: Windows 7 , 6.1, build: 7600
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor AMD586, level: 16
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 4294164480 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1990012928

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 29/01/2011 16:01:02 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\012911-25630-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x70740)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF89F09F6C010, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80002FF6F8C, 0x5)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 29/01/2011 16:01:02 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: avgidsfilter.sys (AVGIDSFilter+0x5C8E)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFF89F09F6C010, 0x0, 0xFFFFF80002FF6F8C, 0x5)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\avgidsfilter.sys
product: AVG IDS
company: AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.
description: IDS Application Activity Monitor Filter Driver.
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: avgidsfilter.sys (IDS Application Activity Monitor Filter Driver., AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. ).
Google query: avgidsfilter.sys AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Conclusion

2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

avgidsfilter.sys (IDS Application Activity Monitor Filter Driver., AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. )

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Linny if i remember correctly you are on a 64bit machine,have a read of this
Code:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/63842-win7-64bit-bsod.html

Try updating AVG and if it still crashes after that I would uninstall and reinstall, doesn't seem like anything really serious could just be as they say "a glitch in the system" ;)

Thanks guys avg was runthis morning but on that pc ive only got the free one. Pcs turned off for today will check out that link 2mora. Glad it sounds like nothing to serious. Especially as i have only just reinstalled it and taken off all the toot that comes with it like norton mcaffee n games

have put this pc on again today and will see how it goes. Yes i got the free 2011 avg on this pc. doing another update and virus scan now
Sinno will now check out that link above thanks!

If it continues see this,

Code:
http://forums.mysuperpc.com/showthread.php?3803-Windows-7-64-Bit-Blue-Screen

Google query: avgidsfilter.sys AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
HT just to let you know that when i went back into the who crashed page on my pc at the bottom was this link above which when i clicked on it brought me to google and this link to this page was at top of page :)
just thought id share with everyone that TK is at the top spot on google :)

HT just to let you know that when i went back into the who crashed page on my pc at the bottom was this link above which when i clicked on it brought me to google and this link to this page was at top of page :)
just thought id share with everyone that TK is at the top spot on google :)

Spent many hours improving our SEO score, good that it is paying off (y)

Back