pc gone down,virus blank screen.

So you didn't reformat your pc before you reinstalled?

You wouldn't have got rid of anything so.

I'm no pc expert, best thing to do is ask gman496 or d4rknight about it.

i reinstalled the CD at the start it said it would reformat and i would loose all,y to proceed or n to cancel,picked y,when done with install i had to activate windows,next i i installed drivers from another disk,then connected to Internet and started to download updates then avg anti virus next i plugged in wireless network adapter and downloaded software tested and working fine,everything seems to be working fine now,no freezing shut down or that,after i finished installation i got a error message that said my PC had recovered from a serious error send report to Microsoft,technical information;c:/windows/minidump/mini02606-01.dmp c/docum~//paddy/locals~/templwer115.tmp;diroo/sysdata.xml but everything seems to have loaded ok.fingers crossed(y)(y)(y)(y)

i reinstalled the CD at the start it said it would reformat and i would loose all,y to proceed or n to cancel,picked y,when done with install i had to activate windows,next i i installed drivers from another disk,then connected to Internet and started to download updates then avg anti virus next i plugged in wireless network adapter and downloaded software tested and working fine,everything seems to be working fine now,no freezing shut down or that,after i finished installation i got a error message that said my PC had recovered from a serious error send report to Microsoft,technical information;c:/windows/minidump/mini02606-01.dmp c/docum~//paddy/locals~/templwer115.tmp;diroo/sysdata.xml but everything seems to have loaded ok.fingers crossed(y)(y)(y)(y)

Paddy after reinstalling the OP, make sure all the drivers are installed & working.
click on start menu, go to my computer or computer, right click.
Click on manage.

Than go to Device Manager & if you see any yellow ? etc, right click & install the Drivers.
you`ll need to be connected to the internet to install the Drivers.

Back