Windows 7 pc keeps freezing every 3 to 4 days

daz123

its dual 2 gig ram socket 775 i have to mess about with the cpu cooler to get it back on doin my head in pls help cheers

Could you possibly explain the freezing problem a bit more?
For example,
Are you using a particular program\application when the freeze occurs?
How long from switching the PC on does it normaly run before the freeze?
When it freezes, do you mean you can not interact with the PC at all (mouse, CTL-ALT-DEL)?
Does it blue screen, or just freeze with what is showing on the screen at the time?
What makes you think messing with the CPU cooler is helping?
Can yiu reproduce the fault at any time, or is it just intermitant?

Also, have you installed any new hardware or software prior to this fault first showing?
And how long have you had the PC, What is the Operating system, when did problem start.

hi ime using windows 7 gamer edition wen i wiggle the cpu cooler 9 times out of 10 i can get it back on ive also took cooler off and cleaned paste of and put fresh paste on its a fresh install of 7 so no conflicting sofware isues it happened about 2 hours ago but ime on it now and its fine cheers

If you go into the Event Viewer does it list any particular errors? This should guide you in the right direction. To get to event viewer, go into Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer. Then look under Windows Logs and see what is under Application and System.

ANy with a red cross look at then use eventid.net to let you know what it refers to.

get a hold of hirens boot cd. its an ISO so will need to be created with an image program. run Memtest 86 and see if there is any problem with ram. also change the slot it could be the motherboard slots

there is other options withing the disk to check all hardware components. the other could be the processer itself..

hopefully this may help

regards, garry

Back