pc not loading correctly

MS2857

Hi
need some help please. I have a Lenovo all in one PC.
Recently when I turn it on the Lenovo screen just flashes on very briefly, then carry on loading. when it’s fished loading I am left with a pc that is working in the background as I have sound but no picture???????

later I go back to the PC and switch on and the pc will load normally the Lenovo screen will show for about 30 secs with a counter. All would work as normal.
I have tried to update drivers for the graphics card and I also change the screen sleep to never. That did stop the problem. But now it starting again. Any ideas?

any help would be great.
So thanks in advance.
Mario

I'd guess your GFX card is on the way out.
I'm not a computery guy, so have no idea what you mean by an all in one pc, is that a pc that is built into the back of the screen,?
Because surely the keyboard and mouse are separate, so they can't possibly be all-in-one

I'm not a computery guy, so have no idea what you mean by an all in one pc, is that a pc that is built into the back of the screen,?
Because surely the keyboard and mouse are separate, so they can't possibly be all-in-one
All in one is where there is no tower bud it’s all built into monitor like mine

All in one is where there is no tower bud it’s all built into monitor like mine
I thought that,
I've never liked that idea myself tbh, for the very fact if something breaks you have to replace the whole thing.
Almost laptop esque, except laptops are slightly more generic,
I like to be able to have my pc replaceable/repairable separate to my screen

I thought that,
I've never liked that idea myself tbh, for the very fact if something breaks you have to replace the whole thing.
Yeah that is a major downfall with them lol

Yeah that is a major downfall with them lol
Especially when you consider the fact that a decent screen can cost the best bit of £200 these days.
Those all-in-one can seem good value at initial purchase, but costs can be scary if problems occur.

Especially when you consider the fact that a decent screen can cost the best bit of £200 these days.
Those all-in-one can seem good value at initial purchase, but costs can be scary if problems occur.
They can bud but I mainly use mine as tv with fire stick plugged into hdmi.
I would prefer tower and monitor any day as parts ect can easily be replaced

Yes

I thought that,
So when your pc breaks and goes into the shop for repair what do you do with your screen?
Do you have a spare pc to join it to?

I thought that,
Lads/Lasses, I have had an All-In-One PC for about 6 years, (Dell 27 7775) without any issues. Yes if the screen goes, maybe you will have an issue, (but even that is replaceable) albieit at a cost, but everything else is upgradable and replaceable and you are able to do it yourself! Please don't rite them off! Just needed to say! :laughing:

My Daughter is a home baker, she has a HP all in one iv'e had to open it up a few times to clean the inside flour everywhere especially on the fans :laughing: it was over heating.
info on how to dismantle it was found on youtube.

So when your pc breaks and goes into the shop for repair what do you do with your screen?
Do you have a spare pc to join it to?
Erm,
It's not broke yet,
And if it does, I'm fairly sure I'd be able to do a hardware swap myself,
And yes, I do have a backup pc, and a work laptop as well as a travel laptop, so I wouldn't be short of a pc, (or laptop)
Tbh, my lad uses the PC almost exclusively , it's only used by me as a backup drive for my work laptop, and my travel laptop.
I also have a dedicated backup drive that is disconnected after every backup, so not susceptible to any online attacks.
I just find it amusing as to folks having no idea how to have redundancy.

Back