Perfect Example of Different Rules !! Different countries on alcohol

Bennie45

Why are the shops not being made to close at 22:00? When the pub shuts, surely everyone will pile into shops to buy alcohol and party at home?

It depends in which country they live!!

In England, there would be nothing to stop groups of up to six people leaving pubs and restaurants after they shut, buying drinks and then taking them home.

People in extended households in Wales could also go back home to carry on drinking after the curfew, but they would not be able to buy more drinks as sales of alcohol from off-licences and supermarkets after 22.00pm will also be stopped.

However, in Scotland and Northern Ireland people would need to go home separately, as social visits to other people’s homes are currently banned.

On a related note, I'm currently in a pub.
New regulations:
Wear mask on entering and sit down.
Stay seated after you have got your drinks/food, you can now remove mask.
If you have to move around the pub, toilet visits etc you have to mask up.
Doors locked at 10pm, everyone out for 21:55 latest, staff not even allowed inside after 10pm, cleaning etc has to be completed before closing.

Scotland now no pubs open for 16 days.
They can sell drinks for takeaway from 6am to 6pm.
Pathetic excuses.
It can't spread in factories or schools.
It can't spread in betting shops, supermarkets or hairdressers.
Closing pubs will have no effect whatsoever, it's just an attempt to control the public.
And 16 days my arse, it's pretty obvious that the infections will continue to rise and the pubs won't return to any kind of normality this year.

Also expect many more pubs and businesses to go bust with more tighter restrictions coming over the winter period.

If I thought closing pubs would help get rid of the virus I'd say close them all permanently until it's gone.
I can't imagine it will have any effect.
You've got hundreds of people roaming around Asda with no masks on, coughing and spluttering all over the produce and nothing is done about it.
Thousands of youngsters having house parties (because pubs are shut at 10!) who are then passing virus to parents and grandparents.
If the powers that be were even remotely interested in reducing infection rates they would look at different causes instead of closing pubs and cafes

I find funny when spikes of cases happened last few weeks, supermarkets said we will NOW enforce the masks policy in store. What were you doing before and over these last few months?

Closing pubs aint gona stop infection rate going up let alone the virus. Needs to be done across the board measures.

But those in power are making up half arsed measures and making things up as they go along.

And now, lo and behold, Northern pubs are set to close - Liverpool, Manchester and the NE most affected and are set to cause even more unemployment and misery by shutting pubs probably permanently until a vaccine that doesn't work is released.
They should just give it up.
You can work in a factory all day
Call at betting shop and a haircut on way home.
Want to have a drink? - oh no, it's too risky, there's 8 people in that pub, safer to go to your factory with the other 400 covid positive, sputum spewing super spreaders.

Factories most unsafe place to work in regards to this virus. Hardly any measures in place to keep workers safe are open (I know they have to be they have no choice etc etc) but other places which have social distancing measures in place are closing makes no sense. People in power clearly have lost the plot no idea what decisions they are making. Its like a game to them.
I read Cinemas back to closing again which was inevitable also.

Yes because people like cinemas, restaurants and pubs etc so they are deemed unsafe.
Couple of hundred coffin-dodgers gathering in the commons or Lords is perfectly safe.
200 people in Tesco all firing bacteria and viruses at each other has no effect neither, that's fine.

I have several friends and family working at major supermarkets and none have worn masks since day one, and none of their colleagues have worn masks.

None of them have had it or know anyone who has had it.

Considering this is one of the highest infection rates in the whole of the UK, you'd have thought that at least one of them would have had it considering they're dealing with thousands of people every day in the fourth highest hotspot in UK...not a single one of them has been infected, perhaps the government should look into this, it seems all supermarket staff and taxi drivers are born with inbuilt immunity

Back