petrol fumes

babs

TK Veteran
hi can anyone tell me when you get the smell of petrol inside of your car what maybe the problem.

gallon can leaking in boot?what car?fill up with petrol lately and you put petrol cap back on?petrol leak under bonnet fire hazard:beg:no smoking:eyes:

Do you see any fuel under the car such as a puddle?
It could be broken gasket between the fuel pump and the tank, Most fuel pumps are accessible from inside the car so if the gasket has gone bad it could possibly cause a gas smell inside the car, I would get it to mechanic as soon as possible if you keep smelling it, not something you want to fool around with.

thank you all its my daughters car it a 2005 toyota corolla. she just noticed it yesterday,there is no can in the boot and nothing showing undreneath.

If it is now there constantly babs and you can see no obvious leaks (and petrol cap is on), I would not take any risks. Pop in a garage and ask there advice is what I would do.

jodav :)

open bonnet and have a smell in there if it was leaking it would be a stronger smell even walk around car,toyotas are good and dont have to many problems,check oil and water when cold and on level ground.

Glad its being checked out! I drove a toyota for many yrs and never had a problem they are good reliable cars, so if something seems wrong then best to get it checked out and NOT let your daughter drive it. Hope its something simple and cheap to fix.

did the car explode as in no answer yet,or was it a breather pipe failure as we got a 2006 in for a smell also:fartlight:(y)

Back