Petrol Guage

Dar1437

TK Veteran
My Fiat Bravo is the first car I've had, with a digital Range (milage left in the tank) whilst driving to work, it was changing between 104-150 miles lol. How does it calculate the figures?
You'd think in this day and age, the accuracy would be a lot better and less fluctuation, saying that, it is 10 years old. :)

If you are going uphill you are using more fuel than you are coming down a hill (y)
There are a lot of hills where I live. I'm sure this morning, when I was going up hill, that's when it was at 150? Lol
How does it sense how much is left in the tank? :)

If you were driving uphill at 2000 revs in second gear, would that be using the same petrol as driving on the flat at 2000 revs in fourth gear?

It knows how much petrol is in the tank and it measures how much is being used at any one time.
Next time your going down hill put your foot on the clutch, mine goes to 999mpg
When I'm going uphill or if I have heavy stuff in the boot it goes down to about 35mpg

It knows how much petrol is in the tank and it measures how much is being used at any one time.
Next time your going down hill put your foot on the clutch, mine goes to 999mpg
When I'm going uphill or if I have heavy stuff in the boot it goes down to about 35mpg
I tried the clutch thing this morning, but no difference lol. I guess yours is using more advanced technology. I put a bit of diesel in yesterday, and when i set off today, it said 250miles, then it went to 350 down a steep hill. On the flattish, it fluctuated from 350-325. I think mine is more like a gimmick thing, like the first heart rate monitors on budget watches lol.
I'll stick with the analogue guage. :)

Back