Peugeot 207 exhaust popping

Hi folks, I have a peugeot 207 1.4 petrol and recently developed a popping sound in the exhaust. It only pops when revs coming down. Anyway i took it to a local independent to have it checked over and he told me nothing was wrong. He did a full diagnostic and found nothing although he did confirm the popping was there but could not explain why. I am wondering if it is the back box deteriorating? I have recently had a full service excluding plugs because apparently they are long life so do not need replacing and everything that was changed in the service has been double checked and no faults. I am at a complete loss, someone please help.
I dont want to go to peugeot I may have to remortgage the house if I do lol

Found this on the Peugeot forum fatboy,

"Every 207 petrol has a popping through the exhaust on the overrun. Its the exhaust system.
"

Yeah, seems normal. The chap is a Moderator over on the forum & said it happens to all 207 petrol.

Like yourself, there was a few posting about it.

Thanks for that its good to know that no damage is being done but its so frustrating that it happens. I have emailed peugeot customer care to see what they throw up, i,m seriously guessing they will fob me off but its worth a try. I will post their reply for others to see.

Well well what a surprise, this is part of an email peugeot customer care sent me....

Thank you for your recent enquiry made via the Peugeot website. We are unable to assist with your enquiry as we are not a technical department. All technicians are based within the Peugeot dealerships.

We would recommend that you contact your local Peugeot dealership who will be able to help you with your enquiry. If you would like us to send you the details of your local dealership please reply to this e-mail with your full postcode.

I fully expected this, so I,ve got to start over now and contact my local dealers, what a joke!!!!!!!

Update.......after waiting 5 days for the dealer to get back to me they have said..."we have not heard of this problem and our service team would like to take a look at you car"
I am sorely tempted because its so irritating but I know if I do its gonna cost a fortune.
I,m starting to wish I never bought the bloody thing in the first place.

Strange how they haven`t heard about it before as a few have already posted about it on the Peugeot forum :dunno:

Strange how they haven`t heard about it before as a few have already posted about it on the Peugeot forum
I,m going to phone them today and I will mention this. It may be a case of them trying to wriggle out of paying. I will post an update later.

---------- Post Merged at 11:41 AM ----------

Just phoned peugeot and they want my car in overnight to figure out the problem, booked in for next week. Luckily they do not charge to look, thats a blessing. And they will give me a courtesy car for only £12 per day. I,m guessing i,m going to get stung though with the final price......Bloody cars...pain in the arse and the pocket.

Back