Phone dropped screen not coming on

channelking

So my dad dropped his phone in the post office earlier.

Now the screen is not coming on at all. It had a screen protector and case on it but screen isn't cracked.

Any idea what's happened and is there a solution to this or is the phone kaput?

I was going to do that anyway lol.

But reading some articles and youtube videos the steps that I have done havent made squat of a difference so looks likely there is hardware damage then.

Screen dosnt have to be damaged to be fcuked from a drop have you tried putting on charge see if that can make screen come on.
Another thing to think of is if it’s an old phone it would probably be cheaper buying a new phone then even contemplating getting it repaired.

Probably damaged the motherboard somewhere, looks like a new phone is in order. Consider claiming on phone insurance if your dad's got it - sometimes it's covered on house contents insurance too.

Screen dosnt have to be damaged to be fcuked from a drop have you tried putting on charge see if that can make screen come on.
Another thing to think of is if it’s an old phone it would probably be cheaper buying a new phone then even contemplating getting it repaired.

He got a Samsung A series one don't know model from my brother for his birthday.

Ye charging, trying to be put in recovery and many other steps haven't helped. Even put in a freezer lol.

Probably damaged the motherboard somewhere, looks like a new phone is in order. Consider claiming on phone insurance if your dad's got it - sometimes it's covered on house contents insurance too.

Seems hardware damage. Went to repair shop they said internal screen likely damaged which is possible but I think some other hardware parts damaged.

Nah don't think his insurance covers the phone unfortunately so claim ain't possible.

I believe samsung phones have 2 years warranty so it's in warranty. Think gona take down Samsung repair centre and see if they can repair for free which they should as in warranty period but whether they give replacement doubt it.

He got a Samsung A series one don't know model from my brother for his birthday.

Ye charging, trying to be put in recovery and many other steps haven't helped. Even put in a freezer lol.

Seems hardware damage. Went to repair shop they said internal screen likely damaged which is possible but I think some other hardware parts damaged.

Nah don't think his insurance covers the phone unfortunately so claim ain't possible.

I believe samsung phones have 2 years warranty so it's in warranty. Think gona take down Samsung repair centre and see if they can repair for free which they should as in warranty period but whether they give replacement doubt it.
Have you tried holding volume buttons and power button at same time usually that should put it into boot recovery bud other than that phone shop job

If going to take it to Samsung with warranty don’t tell them you accidentally dropped it as some warranty dosnt cover accidental damage bud.
You could say you went to turn it on after been on charge and just a blank screen or something similar to that.
I did it with an oppo phone dropped it p@ssed up and screen was cracked I got intouch with oppo explained I was walking to get on bus and some one knocked it out of my hand so got free repair

Mate at the end of the day, as far as you know, the screen has stopped working for no apparent reason, its under warranty for faults, FIX IT SAMSUNG!! 🤣😃😃

I might crap under the pressure if they start asking questions :LOL: :LOL:

If going to take it to Samsung with warranty don’t tell them you accidentally dropped it as some warranty dosnt cover accidental damage bud.
You could say you went to turn it on after been on charge and just a blank screen or something similar to that.
I did it with an oppo phone dropped it p@ssed up and screen was cracked I got intouch with oppo explained I was walking to get on bus and some one knocked it out of my hand so got free repair

Good advice mate and will blag something lol.

Hope then they can repair for free.

Let's say they can't repair will they replace as still under warranty as they have on their system.

I might crap under the pressure if they start asking questions :LOL: :LOL:

Good advice mate and will blag something lol.

Hope then they can repair for free.

Let's say they can't repair will they replace as still under warranty as they have on their system.
If it’s hardware fault yes they have to replace like for like or to same value if not repairable that’s how most work bud

Deffinatly bud good thing about iOS is it stops charging after so long at night then continues early hours of morning.
I didnt know that mate that's good, they say the new batteries they use now are fine to charge overnight but I wouldn't be telling them I leave it overnight, problem is with all new phones, is there is so much stuff on them, the batteries don't last long at all, but I suppose with the super fast charging, it's not a massive problem. They charge so quick now but again that's not good for a battery so can't win really 🤣🤣

Back