Phone infected

a1gunner

Guys I accidentally downloaded something to my phone and now this random websites pop up lot times it's add for dhgate
Is there anything I can install to remove it it seems to happen on Google Chrome or will I have to reset phone to factory settings any ideas would be appreciated

I would backup and reset the phone so it completely removes what ever may have been left behind I run the risk of loosing non backed up data but at least you know it will be a fresh install of your device

Guys I accidentally downloaded something to my phone and now this random websites pop up lot times it's add for dhgate
Is there anything I can install to remove it it seems to happen on Google Chrome or will I have to reset phone to factory settings any ideas would be appreciated

Uninstall and reinstall chrome, that might sort it.

I've just done the same with a new tablet. When i originally set it up I did a kind of backup of my phone but I seemed to be getting new pages on chrome opening up even when chrome was not open. I bit the bullet and factory reset it. I just signed in to google but did not do the clone thing. It's now working sweet.

Back