PIA settings

Morning all,

I’m new to VPN and suppliers side not an issue works without VPN, myself and family member have intermittent buffering when connected to VPN and we are in different areas.

Can you advise what you have found to be the best settings for PIA on the app for firestick.

I’ve had a play around but still seem to get some intermittent buffering on certain channels it’s not too bad in the week but was annoying in the middle of a games.

I’ve done restarts clears etc.

Just want to know how others are setting up the VPN just in case I’m missing something.

Which counties are you trying to use? if UK try a different country i know with some vpns (avast) i have seen people unable to stream iptv on uk servers.

First I was trying UK as they are obviously closest servers but after some research I have been trying European countries lately with some better results (although it’s in the week) some take longer to load the channels etc.

I can’t find a lot of info on the settings to use there’s loads of YouTube vids but they just tell you about the settings not really which ones are best for streaming.

Atm I’m just after some clarity on the settings like wireguard or open is it better to choose your own port or automatic etc

depends on how you use your vpn. Ifyou are in UK better use countries closes to UK and personally found that Amsterdam is best.
If you use an app which allows you to embed the vpn where you cand add either the certificate or ovpn then it is better as you just activate the vpn within the app and stream as it is faster and no need to leave your streaming to activate your vpn then go back.
Soemtines it is better to change vpn country when you notice it is getting slower or buffering a lot

depends on how you use your vpn. Ifyou are in UK better use countries closes to UK and personally found that Amsterdam is best.
If you use an app which allows you to embed the vpn where you cand add either the certificate or ovpn then it is better as you just activate the vpn within the app and stream as it is faster and no need to leave your streaming to activate your vpn then go back.
Soemtines it is better to change vpn country when you notice it is getting slower or buffering a lot
That’s interesting so you recommend putting PIA into Xciptv instead of using the PIA app?

I personally use namecheap vpn. But PIA NordVPN or surfhsark all do the same job as long as they give you possibility to add the ovpn or certificate zip into your app such xciptv or smarters or implayer etc..

Back