Pia Vpn issues

trickpaul

Hi

Is anyone using Pia Vpn on a router and experiencing it not working in last 48hrs, tried to restart it several times but no good just keeps saying authentication error.

Using on an asus router running merlin firmware

Sent from my thor using Tapatalk

Yep, a rare occurrence hitherto. I had some intermittent problems with it over the past couple of days, but it seems to have been fine today, so far.

If you need a secure tunnel when London/Southampton is down, it might be worth trying another server from another country, though speed might drop somewhat as a result.

Yep. Can't be bothered to implement on each and every device, especially on a E2 box, where neither box/firmware vendor/maker nor pia is ever likely to ensure/provide support.
Exactly my thoughts, what you running vpn on then, I'm on a asus

Hi

Is anyone using Pia Vpn on a router and experiencing it not working in last 48hrs, tried to restart it several times but no good just keeps saying authentication error.

Using on an asus router running merlin firmware

Try changing to a different server and upload the certificate to your router. I've had these issues with NordVPN and just had to upload a different cert even the same one again to get it working.

Try changing to a different server and upload the certificate to your router. I've had these issues with NordVPN and just had to upload a different cert even the same one again to get it working.
Thanks for this, Ive done it know, uploaded the same crt file again and changed addresses and it seem to work once I changed the encryption cypher. It's really bad when you change a lot of things and it starts to work as you don't know what fixed it and your too scare to undo it all and do it again as it may have been magic lol

Thanks for this, Ive done it know, uploaded the same crt file again and changed addresses and it seem to work once I changed the encryption cypher. It's really bad when you change a lot of things and it starts to work as you don't know what fixed it and your too scare to undo it all and do it again as it may have been magic lol

Glad you got it sorted mate....with your magic :)

T It's really bad when you change a lot of things and it starts to work as you don't know what fixed it and your too scare to undo it all and do it again as it may have been magic lol

Assuming you have implemented vpn on the Asus as a parallel router to the ISP's router (which typically are incapable of being a vpn client), you can test any vpn server/country with just a click or two using e.g. a pc/phone/tablet running the pia (or whatever vpn provider's) app, while picking the ISP's router as internet provider. That should help isolate and identify the issue to whether it is with the vpn provider, or at your vpn router.

I have a modem and the asus router, think it might be something to do with openvpn and a version change

Back