PIA Vpn onto Asus Router

casbah

Hi, not sure if this right place to post this but here goes.

I'm hoping that someone can help me with the above as I am getting no where fast with this. I brought the asus rt-ac66u router and subscription with PIA vpn. I have looked at various guides and videos and tried some of the things they have said however I cannot connect to any servers.

This is the first time I've ever done anything like this and so I am not sure if I am missing something really basic or if am just out of my depth! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I believe you will have to install DD-WRT...or TOMATO... onto your router m8, this allows you to run a VPN on the router....

Ok, so I got it to work without installing dd-wrt or tomato and had no problems this weekend. Is there any benefit to flashing one of these onto the router if it is working fine without it?

The ASUS router has its own version of dd-wrt firmware already flashed on it from new.
Not much different from the original did- wrt firmware. Pretty easy to use and navigate.

Wullboy, I just used their information in the website. The problem I had was a simple one. I was copy and pasting my username but it was logging an extra character and so wouldn't register my account! Silly mistake really!

Ashhbi, after more research that's what I found out and so made my life simpler.

Iancable, yeah I'm gonna leave it alone. Everything seems to be working and as I don't know anything about routers and vpn, I think it best to leave alone

Thanks everyone for your comments and help!

Back