Cable picture quality for sd channel especially international channels very poor pls help

Atari2600

Hi Guys

i bought a plug and play box for my dad, zgemma h1 vm, but the picture quality for the sd channels especially on the international channel (indian channels) the picture quality is very poor
ive got a lot of dot crawling around logo and any writing that comes up, and any lines that appear on the screen look zig zag and not a smooth straight line

its like watching a crap internet stream channel.

these same channels where very good for sd on my dads old sky gift box, he wanted hd channels so this is the only reason why he went and got a new vm box

any ideas why this is or causing it, anything to improve?
i got advised from the seller to try putting a wideband attenuator on but im not sure that will actually work as this thing reduces the db signal strength
but ultimatley said nothing can really be done as its just how broadcasting is ?

i personally think but im probably wrong as i dont know a great deal about servers ect and how they work! - is their is probably to many people on the same server and all watching the same channels at the same time ?

me and my dad are very into our home cinema and like our picture to be perfect well allmost perfect)
and this is very annoying.

what can i do guys ?

p.s i will be setting up my own box for my self (will be having a go )

thanks

Guys any ideas to the above post pls ?
im more thinking its to do with the line/server ? as I went to a few people house and checked their picture quality for the same channel.

my dads old sly gift box sd channels are pretty good, no dot crawl, picture doesn't look like your watching picture through composite connection (the old yellow single video) connection type.

went to another house sly gift (different brand box) his picture quality was the same as my dads new vm box - dot crawl, poor picture quality as if your watching picture through composite connection.

went to another house - proper subscription on sly his picture quality was the same as my dads old sly gift box.

what are your thoughts on this people ?

thanks

Guys any ideas to the above post pls ?
im more thinking its to do with the line/server ? as I went to a few people house and checked their picture quality for the same channel.

my dads old sly gift box sd channels are pretty good, no dot crawl, picture doesn't look like your watching picture through composite connection (the old yellow single video) connection type.

went to another house sly gift (different brand box) his picture quality was the same as my dads new vm box - dot crawl, poor picture quality as if your watching picture through composite connection.

went to another house - proper subscription on sly his picture quality was the same as my dads old sly gift box.

what are your thoughts on this people ?

thanks

Have you compared a VM box with yours dads box?

i went to my friends house who has got a proper subscription with vm and compared the same channel...

its the same - its vm broadcast the picture quality is poor, all thow not as bad as my dads but its poor- nothing we can do i guess.

thanks

Back