Pixelation?

Bigyinuk

Registered
Hi all

I have two devices connected to a quad LNB (Sky dish), (1) a LG TV and (2) Coolstream HD receiver. Rarely if ever do I see pixelation on the Coolstream but the LG seems to do it fairly frequently. Looks to me as if the tuner in the TV isn't as good/sensitive as the Coolstream. I'm tempted to replace the LNB and dish to try and get a more reliable picture as it does get irritating at times.

If this is the problem, can anyone advise on a good dish/LNB that'll give me a stronger signal / higher SNR?

Tx

Get VPN

linesman66

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
If it was my opition I would install 80cm satellite dish and decent l.n.b like inverto
If you decide to change from a fixed installation to a multisat system You
Have the upgrade required

Bigyinuk

Registered
If it was my opition I would install 80cm satellite dish and decent l.n.b like inverto
If you decide to change from a fixed installation to a multisat system You
Have the upgrade required
Thanks for that. I have done the fully motorised system thing in the past with a Humax etc. It was fun but I'm happy with Freesat on the TV and IPTV for the other stuff.

I'll upgrade the dish and LNB I think as you suggest.

I don't think an 80cm will work here but I could stretch to a 60 (or 65). I've been looking at a Gilbertini dish and an Inverto Black Twin LNB.

Last edited:

linesman66

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Not much difference between the twin and,quad l.n.b In price Just in case you decide
To add another reciever

grahamer67

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
I have my tuner A set to a fixed 28 e sky dish, tuner b is set to the motor for euro sats, tuner c is cable, today the motor is trying to move tuner A when I try to change sats, its never happened before, when I normally change it works straight away on tuner B, I havent changed anything in settings, I have got it back now, but just wondering if anyone knows what caused it, thanks.

linesman66

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
If it continues to happen I would use tunner A
The internal tunner for motorisied set up
And tunner B for you fixed satellite system
Is it Usal settings or stored satellite positions
Your using

grahamer67

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Stored sat positions, when I first set this triple tuner box up, I had to switch tuner A and B feeds, it was the only way that the box would drive the motor, I did originally try tuner A for the motorised.

linesman66

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Zgemma recievers are temperamental
With a motorisied system
Must test the h9 twin using stored positions
And the v box positioner