GrogBuild Playback fo MKV files on a Formuler F1 using USB passport HD but have to use file commander?

I'm going to try this now on a dodgy H7S but Willo his box is a Formuler , why would it show sf8008? Just curious.

Ok I tried just now and it failed at the very end .. and went back to old image. The error message is " Error under rootfs. System won't boot! Please flash back up" This happened when I used image selector in Vix as well. I did get it to flash to 4 partitons but box always freezes and wont boot etc. I used slot 1 for this attempt. Is the box bricked or is there a way of fixing the rootfs? I might try a few more partitions. Its raining here.
what is currently installed on the box? sounds like you may have to flash bare atv first if you have old version installed

thanks. The box is iffy so now I have taken out the ssd and re flashed with Openatv using the emmc vesion. It eventually statted, I got 49 first.

It will run for about 6 hours then freeze. The image now is 6.4 27 feb and with 19east. Just did HDMI, language and tuners and network. Lid off. Going for a walk.

I have same box except for rear slot and its been perfect. Can I load any bits from this box to the iffy one ie bootloader??

Willo, I have had the box for a few days and done loads of tweaks. I will try again tomorrow to load that image. I have already done the emmc zip and box will work but only for a few hours. The image manager in Vix will not complete I get errors and box goes back to existing. I did manage to flash images when I used openatv emmc and even filled 4 slots but box still breaks after a few hours. even loaded a backup from my h7 and it ran great for about 3 hours. So used VIX, opeantv, pure2, hdf, an opeantv backup all to no avail. Changed the power pack disconnected ssd, tried another HDD. At the moment its running with an openvix version 6.0.007 that I flashed from a zip. Its up now over 3 hours. I have a crash log running but that means very little to me. This is a bit that was at the end.

26.6520> 19:17:16.5360 [eInit] + (9) GFBDC
< 26.6520> 19:17:16.5360 [fb] /dev/fb0 Function not implemented
< 26.6521> 19:17:16.5360 [fb] framebuffer /dev/fb0 not available
< 26.6521> 19:17:16.5360 [gFBDC] no framebuffer available

I had to reboot.

One other thing I have noticed is the remote requires a very had press at times so when on a screen and say I press setup, epg there can be a pause and as the screen has frozen before , you think, here we go again.

By the way box was purchased from a well known site and I read one guy had to send 3 back back to get one that worked.

I was watching the footie, hope the above makes sense. I think something is corrupt. Box came with Vix pre installed. This was January 2021.

It will be left on standby over night and when it stops working the clock stops so I'll now how long it stayed stable. SSD is disconnected at the moment and usb for epg.

take a note of the transmitter being used for freeview and sat region, you will then be asked to set these during grogbuild setup. the box will then download the channel list for the select region when it starts up.
Following the excelent instructions and my notes from last time the script went fine. I confirmed from the info ATV 6.4 was installled.
My terrestrerial tuner was not setup but the others were, it was fine I had a photo taken and it's all back now.
If possible a nice additon would be for the backup to grab all those tuner settings too.
no need to back up/restore if you don't have any extra's/customisations
I had the terresterial channels nice and organised actually before so that came back with a restore.

I reinstalled the SetupApp, going into it I see as before:
player.jpg
Clicking <> it gives the same error:
error.jpg
See logs attached.

Attachments

• Enigma2-debug-20220303_00-31-55.zip
    51.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Can you log into box and see the actual crash log? I use WINSCP. Its ftp.

And I thought you were sorted!

I attached the actual crash log as a zip in the previous post as it would not allow me to attach .log.

Last edited:
So to summarise, with the fla.sh script rerun to install the latest GrogBuild, the servceApp plugin crashes....

Just flashed my build on a HD51 (virtually the same as a H7) and serviceapp works as expected.
Will try ATV shortly.

.... ATV 6.4 also working fine.

Last edited:
Just a note using H7S and remote does need a firm push for on/off button.

One can control box via webif on pc also if needed

Just flashed my build on a HD51 (virtually the same as a H7) and serviceapp works as expected.
Will try ATV shortly.
Much appreciate the testing!
I wonder why it's different on the F1.....the log file of the crash I posted (and here again) is 5000 lines...I'm not sure what I am looking for but I see:
Code:
00:32:17.2518 [   ] service/servicedvb.cpp:1770 timeshift [eDVBServicePlay] not enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB)
Looking at my usb stick:
Code:
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on                                   
ubi0:rootfs             437.4M    224.6M    212.8M  51% /
Could that be it? There's a xbuntu iso on there too, I could delete that if it would help?

Attachments

• Enigma2-debug-20220303_00-31-55.zip
    51.5 KB · Views: 0
Much appreciate the testing!
I wonder why it's different on the F1.....the log file of the crash I posted (and here again) is 5000 lines...I'm not sure what I am looking for but I see:
Code:
00:32:17.2518 [   ] service/servicedvb.cpp:1770 timeshift [eDVBServicePlay] not enough diskspace for timeshift! (less than 1GB)
Looking at my usb stick:
Code:
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on                                  
ubi0:rootfs             437.4M    224.6M    212.8M  51% /
Could that be it? There's a xbuntu iso on there too, I could delete that if it would help?
that's not looking at your usb stick, that's looking at internal space on the box.

are you sure your usb stick is mounted correctly?

Back