Playback limit and recording

NazoDoop

TK Veteran
When recording is it true that the playback limit is irrelevant and will be overrided ?

Let's says a recording is 4 hours and the limit is 3 hours , will it still record?

I have a z8 pro

NazoDoop

TK Veteran
No it will record to its limit mate @stuss records on his box so he would probably be able to say more mate

OK thanks baz.
According to someone on another forum it will record completely regardless of the limit ( from the November update in 2020 and onward ) but I just wanted to check so I don't miss a recording.

I'll find out in a few days time when I come to record 4 hrs

cactikid

VIP Member
Sounds crap and needs a bigger usb /hdd ??

Just imagine trying to record Game Of Thrones series 1 - 8 over 4 - 5 days :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

stuss

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
No it will record to its limit mate @stuss records on his box so he would probably be able to say more mate
My Formuler CC comes up with 'playback limit'
If its been on a channel for over in my case, 4 hours.
I am sure you can turn it off in settings,
I use a sandisk cruizer 32GB
As I only use the record function for pause,

NazoDoop

TK Veteran
Sounds crap and needs a bigger usb /hdd ??

No i have 1tb.

Basically the server tells the box to turn off after 3 hours of no use. But aparrently there is no limit if your recording.

The time limit is set by the provider, some have 3hr some have 10hr.
Its greyed out and you cannot change it with most provider

stuss

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
No i have 1tb.

Basically the server tells the box to turn off after 3 hours of no use. But aparrently there is no limit if your recording.

The time limit is set by the provider, some have 3hr some have 10hr.
Its greyed out and you cannot change it with most provider

Attachments

• 20210502_101924.jpg
    20210502_101924.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 10

bazcfc1

VIP Member
TK Supporter
Strange never seen any z8 with TIMESHIFT settings greyed out as always been able to change that.
Speak to your provider and ask him if it's provider related

NazoDoop

TK Veteran
Strange never seen any z8 with TIMESHIFT settings greyed out as always been able to change that.
Speak to your provider and ask him if it's provider related

It is normal as I asked on reddit and formuler forums, they said most providers won't let you change the "playback limit" .

Timeshift etc works perfectly. And so does everything else .

I'll try out a 4hr recording in a couple of days and see what happens.

stuss

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
It is normal as I asked on reddit and formuler forums, they said most providers won't let you change the "playback limit" .

Timeshift etc works perfectly. And so does everything else .

I'll try out a 4hr recording in a couple of days and see what happens.
If your on any channel, and no user activity. The message will applied to the screen.

Attachments

• 20210502_111027.jpg
    20210502_111027.jpg
    878.7 KB · Views: 6

NazoDoop

TK Veteran
If your on any channel, and no user activity. The message will applied to the screen.

Yeah but what I'm saying is, that won't come up if your recording ( according to formuler) since the firmware update in November