please help about open box

Hi all, I have just gone over to sky from virgin and want to buy the equivalent to the kryptview box, I have had a quick search and came across the open box. Is this what I should be looking at or is there anything better? Also.where to buy from and where do i get the software so I can get all the paid channels and one last thing, do I need a twin cable feed to work the features? Any help would be much appreciated as I don't have a clue what so ever. Thankyou
Matt

Thread moved to correct section.

Nope, this is a cable questionLOL

No mate, the skybox/openbox are satellite boxes, Zgemma's are probably the base standard cable boxes, have a look around the cable section for all the information

Thread moved to correct section.

Nope, this is a cable questionLOL

No mate, the skybox/openbox are satellite boxes, Zgemma's are probably the base standard cable boxes, have a look around the cable section for all the information
what I said was, I have left virgin... I am now satelite..... can you tell me what satelite box is worth going for and where to buy it? Thankyou

zgemma 2s 75 quid plus u need line looks like sky harder to setup but once done better than openbox and buy from ebay then add image and line yourself

I am now satelite..... can you tell me what satelite box is worth going for and where to buy it? Thankyou

thats like asking how long is a peace of string?
how much have you got to spend
what do you want out of the box? (to be able to rec one channle when still watching another channle)

if you still have a cable line in the house but no sub with them buy a cable box that way you will still get hd
channles

Last edited:
What I want is to be able to record on it WiFi would be good but I don't know how many different boxes there are. Money isn't really much of a problem so I don't mind spending as long as it's a good one. Can you recommend one so I can have a look?

---------- Post Merged at 10:17 PM ----------

Thankyou, I will have a look

---------- Post Merged at 10:18 PM ----------

I don't mind spending 350 if it is worth it, what do you recommend?

have a look on
Code:
[url=http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/]World-of-Satellite[/url]

vu+duo2

Last edited:
openbox v8 is 35 pound plus your line can add usb to record tv guide not up to much
zgemma 2s 75 gbp plus your line if get dual tuner can record and watch another need usb mounted in back have to update image by usb u dont have to do ofrten this is my choice
vu plus solo does same as zgemma but can update image from box

if you have the money buy the best you can dont bother with cheap slow £35/70 boxers get one with a internal hdd

Just my opinion:

Don't go wild with your sat box as there is a question mark to how long the sharing services may last for.

Something that runs enigma 2 and something you can install a HD in for recording will be an adequate $ky replacement for the living room, something like an Xtrend running VIX image maybe = £150 quid inc HD

Maybe you could venture into multi-room with your server line and have cheaper box(s) for bedrooms? something like an Openbox = £35

Back