Please help an idiot.....

Ok, so I purchased the following - Miraclebox Premium Micro HD Linux Enigma 2 Hybrid 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Cable/Terrestrial HD 1080p PVR Digital Receiver - sorry I can't post a link but I have just one post.

My intention was to connect my V****n M***a cable to it but when it arrived I am confronted with an RF In and Loop Out socket. I am guessing I have the wrong box for my needs - or do I?

Feeling very stupid, hopefully someone can take pity on me.

You will require something like this
61IwNzcQzHL._SL1000_.jpg

Also have a read at this thread http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html

I'm guessing I need an adapter? 'kenable F Type Screw Connector Socket to RF Coax Aerial Male Adapter' for example?

Does this mean all the MiracleBox cable users also have to use adapters? Or is there another Miraclebox which you can simply attach the VM cable to?

Thats what most use, some chop the VM cable and stick on an RF coax connector but I would recommend the adapter. I get mine from maplin, sometimes b&q have them too.

Take it you never done any research before you paid for your Miracle box ?

Unless I'm skimming over information, which is possible, this thread is the first time I've seen the necessity of an adapter mentioned. When the listing said it was a cable box I (wrongly) assumed it would have a socket for a cable lead. All previous cable boxes I've used had a ready made socket, so I never presumed I'd have this problem, indeed didn't think I'd have to research this aspect of the box.

Thats what most use, some chop the VM cable and stick on an RF coax connector but I would recommend the adapter. I get mine from maplin, sometimes b&q have them too.

Does using the adapter not affect the quality of the picture?

No, if the adapter is fitted correctly then it won't affect the signal enough if at all.
It's pretty much common knowledge about the adapter required, I must admit I was a little peeved when I realised I needed an adapter too when my first cable box arrived, had to nip out to maplin and/or b&q to get one so now I always keep some handy.
I recommend you get some tea/coffee/beer/biscuits and sit and read the thread I posted that bees has done on how to set up a box from scratch, great thread to learn from.

The vast majority of cable tuners are push fit these days, for most makes and models out there,

it makes it easy to tell the difference between the two
if you have a box with three or four different tuners inside it, a "combo"

Screw connectors are generally used for sat tuners.

The picture quality isn't effected,

Good choice of box by the way.

I haven't been up to date on the cable side of things since the Kryptview A780 days, things have changed :). Thank you very much for the information, I've ordered the necessary adapter. I have had a read through Bees' thread, looks good, I'll be back to it once the adapter has arrived.

Thanks again

Take your time and it will keep the blood pressure low, use bees guide and you will get there.....nice thing is the box you bought is nice and fast so not painful when rebooting lol much better setting your own up, more satisfying, oh and did I say read that bees thread lol....as many times as you can before attacking it.

Back