Please Help - Apologies if I am posting in wrong section

RamaTech

Apologies if I am posting in wrong section and I'm sorry for yesterdays post. I am still trying trying to find my way round the site and I really need some help with this.

I received my H2H box yesterday and tried to set it up last night. I was trying to use this guide http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h1/84710-zgemma-h1-full-vm-setup-guide.html

Some of it didn't seem to match and now I think Ive messed my box up. Is this guide only for an earlier zgemma?

When downloading one of the backups as suggested at the start of the guide I used this one dsayers2014 vix3,2037 for the zgemma h2h - Downloads - TechKings

The box seemed to flash and loaded up with vm themed menu. I then got lost from this point 7: hold power button for 3 secs and select restart. I held the power button for 3 seconds but nothing happened. I then manually turned the box on and off to restart it.

Now I am really lost from this point on. Do I download Filezilla to the box some how or does it go to my PC and I then use it from there to bridge to the box?

I am really sorry about this folks but something just isn't hitting home. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Using FileZilla, leave the username and password blank, get your ip address from the box and add to the top left on FileZilla, click quick connect. I'm pretty sure your connection will be a nline.
Copy and paste your connection and then click on usr/keys/newcamd/right click and edit/ if asked how you wish to open use notepad/ delete whats in there and copy and paste your connection in/ click save file/
on your remote now press blue/softcams/ restart mgcam
See how that goes

Folks I am in work at the moment but I really appreciate your help with this and how quickly you responded! Outstanding.

So I download Filezilla to my PC and connect to box from there? Great stuff. Should I reset my box and start from scratch or should it be ok where I left off? Thanks again :highfive:

You should be ok where you left off sorry if my instructions weren't clear enough I'll try and edit it to take more sense using the remote holding the power button should give you a list of power options from there choose restar. I'll add a bit more details about downloading filezilla to pc when I get chance make sure it's the client version not server

You should be ok where you left off sorry if my instructions weren't clear enough I'll try and edit it to take more sense using the remote holding the power button should give you a list of power options from there choose restar. I'll add a bit more details about downloading filezilla to pc when I get chance make sure it's the client version not server

Thanks very much. It was another set of instructions I was working from. I think they were initially for the H1 box so perhaps thats whats thrown me off.

I love forums like this. Full of very decent people willing to help others. It is very much appreciated!

Thanks very much. I think I might reset the box and start from scratch. Am I right in saying I need a code from provider before setting it up properly? He is currently on holiday so i can't for another 2 days. I was hoping it was even possible to set this up to receive the free view channels at least? Thanks

Don't factory just reflash yes you can setup for fta in autobouqete marker providers change all the options to fta only to yes then switch back to no when not yo

Sorry mate but have I then used the wrong file to flash the box in the first instance? I only have a vm line connected. I did a bit of playing about with the box and I've managed to get fta channels by doing a scan. I disabled the sly line and this seemed to work. Should I reset to factory though and use your vix4 file instead of the vix3? Cheers

No mines for both vm and sky connection I'm at work I'll post in the morning to change it or try scumnsees backup using the guide from your first link

Sorry mate but have I then used the wrong file to flash the box in the first instance? I only have a vm line connected. I did a bit of playing about with the box and I've managed to get fta channels by doing a scan. I disabled the sly line and this seemed to work. Should I reset to factory though and use your vix4 file instead of the vix3? Cheers

so you only have a vm feed to get your hd channels,why would you have a sly line as that is for sat that you dont have?? or do you

If you're just looking to use VM only, and don't have a sat dish, I've created an image which will do the trick: http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2h/94055-biohead-image-openatv-5-3-vskin-cable-only.html

Folks once again thanks for getting back to me. So do I just use this image and flash it over the top of the dsayers image I used or is it best to factory reset and start again?

I really apologise. I have read through other posts etc but its just not hitting home yet but Im getting there.

My understanding is this is the image file to install all thats needed for your line. Background images and full menu's etc including the settings to change things and insert the line in from your provider and so on. Can I manually enter the line via the settings on the box or has it still do be done via Filezilla on a PC?

Once that is all done do I then reformat my USB and then format again to use on the box as a hard drive?

Thanks again for all your help.

Just flash it over the top of dsayers image - you don't need to factory reset.

Once the image is installed, thats when you use an FTP program to drop your line into the box, which will then let you clear scrambled channels. You have to use an FTP program such as filezilla - on PC, Mac, Android device etc. There's quite a few options to do it with if you don't have a PC. Even without a line, you're usually able to still see BBC1, 2, ITV 1 etc - this will give you a feel of how the box is.

All the images, menus etc are pre-set for you. I've used Kiddacs new VSkin - which is made to look like the Virgin Tivo interface.

Once you've installed the image, you can wipe your USB and use that to save and timeshift TV.

Once the image is installed, thats when you use an FTP program to drop your line into the box, which will then let you clear scrambled channels. You have to use an FTP program such as filezilla - on PC, Mac, Android device etc. There's quite a few options to do it with if you don't have a PC. Even without a line, you're usually able to still see BBC1, 2, ITV 1 etc - this will give you a feel of how the box is.

All the images, menus etc are pre-set for you. I've used Kiddacs new VSkin - which is made to look like the Virgin Tivo interface.

Once you've installed the image, you can wipe your USB and use that to save and timeshift TV.

Absolutely first class mate. Thanks again for all your help and anyone else involved. I will give this a go after work but I think I know what I'm at now. You must hate people like me. Again sorry for all the questions...

Folks I have paid for and received my nline but I cant connect to box using filezilla? Im getting the following?

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220 (vsFTPd 3.0.2)
Command: USER anonymous
Response: 331 Please specify the password.
Command: PASS **************
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 220 (vsFTPd 3.0.2)
Command: USER anonymous
Response: 331 Please specify the password.
Command: PASS **************
Response: 530 Login incorrect.
Error: Critical error: Could not connect to server

Last edited:
Back