Plex Query

channelking

Need some help for one of my mates who has plex as I am struggling to cure his issue with buffering on 1080p remux files.

Those who have plex subs do your 1080p remux files play smoothly without buffering if so is there specific settings in plex you have to set? Device specific?

I doubt 4k firestick he has isnt poweful enough to deal with it or having 350mb also. So Im puzzled why hes having constant buffering on the remux ones but the normal compressed ones play fine.

Told him just to play normal quality streams which are compressed but he is adamant to want to play the remux files.

Any ideas?

Make sure playback is original quality
Home streaming max
Remote streaming max
Adjust automatically off

Refresh rate switching on
Resolution switching on

H264 should be 5.2

That should be it for player side of things

Make sure playback is original quality
Home streaming max
Remote streaming max
Adjust automatically off

Refresh rate switching on
Resolution switching on

H264 should be 5.2

That should be it for player side of things

He has those main settings applied on the app on the firestick.

Your hardware has to be able to handle both the audio and pic quality used otherwise they will just buffer.

A 1080 Remux file can be anything typically from 15GB-50+GB. My Firestick struggles playing files higher than 30GB+ especially ones with higher bitrates unless I'm transcoding.

My Shield however plays the exact files fine directly. As good as the Firestick is on a budget, I don't think it can cut it for higher Remux Files with higher bitrates especially those probably over 30GB+

Like Mike said, he has told you how to direct play the file. If you're getting buffering your Firestick is not good enough to pull the higher quality rips you're trying to get directly.

You have 2 options, transcode or get a better device that can direct play.

A 1080 Remux file can be anything typically from 15GB-50+GB. My Firestick struggles playing files higher than 30GB+ especially ones with higher bitrates. My Shield however plays the exact files fine. As good as the Firestick is on a budget I don't think it can cut it for higher Remux Files with higher bitrates especially those probably over 30GB+

Like Mike said, he has told you how to direct play the file. If you're getting buffering your Firestick is not good enough to pull the higher quality rips you're trying to get.
Yes they work fine on my sheild. The buzz stick struggles.

A 1080 Remux file can be anything typically from 15GB-50+GB. My Firestick struggles playing files higher than 30GB+ especially ones with higher bitrates unless I'm transcoding.

My Shield however plays the exact files fine directly. As good as the Firestick is on a budget, I don't think it can cut it for higher Remux Files with higher bitrates especially those probably over 30GB+

Like Mike said, he has told you how to direct play the file. If you're getting buffering your Firestick is not good enough to pull the higher quality rips you're trying to get directly.

You have 2 options, transcode or get a better device that can direct play.

Thats fine and completely right as the size and bitrate of such remux files require a powerful device to handle them and the 4k firestick just isnt that.

HE has the option to play the smaller rips without issue and to the naked eye not a huge differnece.

Back