Plexserver help

looking for help, been told to try Plex.
i have installed the plugin on my enigma2 box but lost on how to get and install a server!
anyone got good servers and instructions to install them!

Have plex on my firestick and use my pc with a external Hard Drive as my server, is it a case of it just being on the same network?

looking for help, been told to try Plex.
i have installed the plugin on my enigma2 box but lost on how to get and install a server!
anyone got good servers and instructions to install them!
Hi mate, you can try this, i did and i'm sorted, if you struggle pm me, i'll send you the link where i found it with visuals aswell, not sure if can post on here, to be fair it's pretty straight forward, i've tried to edit the instructions to make it a little easier, you do need to use you sign in details, ie email and password if you have one for plex

1 Install Plex server on your pc / sever
2 add the folders containing your content (wherever they may be on pc / server)
3 Install DreamPlex on enigma2
4 Open DreamPlex by going to plugin section and click DreamPlex
5 Go to System>Server in the DreamPlex Menu
6 configure server
In General Settings Name the server what ever you want.
In Connection Settings change the settings to match yours like below
Connection Type: IP
Local Authentication: Yes
IP address: Dont Change
Port: Dont Change
My Plex Url: my.plexapp.com
MyPlex Username: <yourPlexaccountEmailAddress>
MyPlex Password: <yourPlexaccountPassword>
Leave everything else as default
Save Config
7 back at the server pres the yellow button on the remote
to get to sync the data Menu. Now press the green button
and the sync will begin.
8 when the sync has completed go back to the main DreamPlex screen with the LiveTv, System and about options.
There should now be another option called <YourPlexName>. Select this.
Now you will be prompted with the Options Movies, Tv Shows and Music.
Select the content you want and enjoy
Rgds

ha! so glad i came across this post as its precisely what i want to do too! I have a zgemma H9S and was about to go OpenVix route as they have a plugin but prefer engima2 for plugins...
@slimmy46 soo, you mentioned guides :) would be grateful if you are ok to drop a link or two in here perhaps pls? already got a pi3b running plexserver (premium) / TVH and TVHat but wanted to add satellite (freesat) so this would be the ideal scenario: interesting nothing much on youtube surfaced: thanks in advance!
is this the guide? Enigma2 support for Plex DVR/LiveTV!

ha! so glad i came across this post as its precisely what i want to do too! I have a zgemma H9S and was about to go OpenVix route as they have a plugin but prefer engima2 for plugins...
@slimmy46 soo, you mentioned guides :) would be grateful if you are ok to drop a link or two in here perhaps pls? already got a pi3b running plexserver (premium) / TVH and TVHat but wanted to add satellite (freesat) so this would be the ideal scenario: interesting nothing much on youtube surfaced: thanks in advance!
is this the guide? Enigma2 support for Plex DVR/LiveTV!
Hi RA111,
First off apologies, my link was just several searches until I found what I wanted - however since then (May) and of course cable disappearing, I disconnected my Zgemma and boxed it and put it in the attic.
I still use my PC as a server, but use plex on my Firestick which was just so much more user friendly for the family.
The instructions above are pretty much what I did and I think I installed the plug in from info off a post I found on here, if my memory serves me right the installed plug in was called dreamplex, try and search for that in your plug ins on your zgemma / Enigma2 i searched in the plug ins and found it - it may depend what build you have on your zgemma if you manage to find that your half way there, install and follow the above, I just edited the post so it read on the forum easier - I really hope this helps and you get sorted
Best Regards

Here you go pal, i knew i had it somewhere - hope this link is ok on here?
[HOW-TO] Configure DreamPlex(PLEX client) on Engima2
does dreamplex work?
DreamPlex Not sure what version i was on but this link gives you versions 2.1.1 - 2.1.3
I don't recall being on OpenVix when i installed the plug in? But can't remember the build i was on, not sure if you can install on the build your on or whether it would be suitable...please approach with caution i wouldn't want to mess your box up, hopefully it will be listed in the plug in list in your build already
Kind Regards

aha - brilliant! pity you decommissioned your box :) I'm setting mine up so parents abroad can watch UK TV: - curious, if you decided to sell your device approx how much would you be looking for it?

aha - brilliant! pity you decommissioned your box :) I'm setting mine up so parents abroad can watch UK TV: - curious, if you decided to sell your device approx how much would you be looking for it?
It's Only a Zgemma Star h2 mate and they just about work with a build on to be fair, they're not worth much now pal

Plex does not run tidy on an enigma 2 box so i would get a firestick or android device honestly. Shockingly poor on a zgemma

Plex does not run tidy on an enigma 2 box so i would get a firestick or android device honestly. Shockingly poor on a zgemma
Yeh, deffo agree Moshibeth, to be fair I had both zgemma and firestick running dremplex / plex, but in all honesty firestick managed much better, if I didn't have a firestick, my next option would be a good Android box or a much higher spec zgemma if I had sat aswell, for me The Firestick works well and is user friendly for the family.

Yeh, deffo agree Moshibeth, to be fair I had both zgemma and firestick running dremplex / plex, but in all honesty firestick managed much better, if I didn't have a firestick, my next option would be a good Android box or a much higher spec zgemma if I had sat aswell, for me The Firestick works well and is user friendly for the family.
Plex is just better on an android platform. Happy new year and hope your keeping well (y)

oh jeez.... and i just went and ordered a H9S box so i could run plex and connect to my pi3B PMS.... hum - beginning to have buyers remorse... lets see if this newer box has performance to handle.
@slimmy46 - no worries re H2S - saw one on ebay and resisted as indeed device seemed older:

well - lets see what happens: Openvix with plex might be the answer: who knows!

Back