Plugin to use for File streaming on network? Which one is best to go with

viper777

Hi,

There are so many plugins available on the box, not sure which one to go with. I am looking for a plugin that will let me stream videos off my pc. I've got everything wired up at home so would be good if I can get this working.
Any recommendations? Which plugin do you guys use?

thanks

You want to view files from your PC on the zgemma?

Think you will need to open the PC to network sharing - perhaps it is already....

Then mount the PC in your zgemma - network/mounts and then you ought too be able to go in FILE LIST as normal, and navigate to the share (folder) on your PC and view and play the files.

Thats how I did it for a NAS - if you look for instructions on that - there are lots of threads in this section already - and it works fine.

Think you will need to open the PC to network sharing - perhaps it is already....

Then mount the PC in your zgemma - network/mounts and then you ought too be able to go in FILE LIST as normal, and navigate to the share (folder) on your PC and view and play the files.

Thats how I did it for a NAS - if you look for instructions on that - there are lots of threads in this section already - and it works fine.

Yeah thats exactly what I'm looking for, just a simple way to access my videos from my desktop machine to stream. I've already got network sharing enabled and most devices can pick the folders up.
I will have a look in the network settings for what you have suggested.

Thanks

Okay I just tried it out, it picks up my PC and I managed to activate the mount but nothing is showing up when I press FILE LIST. I just get my planner load up for recording tv programs.

Am I missing something?

From the file list press the yellow button and then you will get a small list of bookmarks to choose from, select '(other...)' and then you should be able to browse to your network mount

From the file list press the yellow button and then you will get a small list of bookmarks to choose from, select '(other...)' and then you should be able to browse to your network mount

got it mounted, no cross showing. Rebooted and went into FILE LIST, then pressed the yellow button and I seen my new shared folder showing there in the list so I pressed to open it but got an error. Get the same error every time.

got it mounted, no cross showing. Rebooted and went into FILE LIST, then pressed the yellow button and I seen my new shared folder showing there in the list so I pressed to open it but got an error. Get the same error every time.

Weird, I followed the instructions above and it worked perfectly,thankyou muchly,didn't know I could do that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back