Point me in the right direction please...

joe3k

Hi Guys,

Been out of the game for a while and coming back to it again.

Have a Virgin TV 360 box and sub and looking to get something setup in my second living room - maybe IPTV, or something like that.
What would you guys recommend for a second room setup these days? Happy to wire it up from outside and connect it in, if needs be.

Also, welcome to PM me if you prefer not to discuss openly.

Thanks everyone.

Well vm is dead with c/s if going down the iptv route you could get a 4k firestick simple easy to setup and can be taken on holiday ect.
It all depends on budget and what you really want to spend

Thanks for your response bazcfc1,

I actually already own one of the slightly older 4k Fire TV's (same as fire stick only bit quicker), so that could perhaps be a good route.
Where can I find information on setting up iptv on it? Or what would you recommend as the best way to go about it?

There is a request thread for iptv mate your firetv is capable of running iptv.

My advice is avoid zero posters and people who don't contribute to forum.
Ask as many questions as possible take plenty of tests and if you find one you like take a month to start with till you feel confident with your new provider.

You could get a Euro sat system wired into your main room and distribute the channels via your wireless network to a device in the bedroom, such as a Fire TV or any kind of Android box, using an IPTV app, or an Enigma2 box using Client Mode with OpenVix or Channels Importer ipk.

The channels in the bedroom would run off a spare tuner on the living room box meaning you wouldn't have to pay for an additional sub. Unlike IPTV.

You could get a Euro sat system wired into your main room and distribute the channels via your wireless network to a device in the bedroom, such as a Fire TV or any kind of Android box, using an IPTV app, or an Enigma2 box using Client Mode with OpenVix or Channels Importer ipk.

The channels in the bedroom would run off a spare tuner on the living room box meaning you wouldn't have to pay for an additional sub. Unlike IPTV. Why would he want to go to the expense of a motorised system which will cost hundreds of pounds.He only wants it in 1 room
Why would he need to put a motorised satellite system in ? He already owns a firestick and just wants it for another room so an iptv sub and he is sorted. System your on about will cost hundreds of pounds

Why would he need to put a motorised satellite system in ? He already owns a firestick and just wants it for another room so an iptv sub and he is sorted. System your on about will cost hundreds of pounds
Did I say motorised? A Euro sat system can be had for little over one hundred pounds, if willing to DIY.

"Happy to wire it up from outside and connect it in, if needs be."

Their Fire device could be utilised in such a setup and outlay soon recouped by not having to pay for a bedroom sub.

Did I say motorised? A Euro sat system can be had for little over one hundred pounds, if willing to DIY.

Their Fire device could be utilised in such a setup and outlay soon recouped by not having to pay for a bedroom sub.

I misread the bit about they were still a customer with VM but either or you could still do on the cheap.

I misread the bit about they were still a customer with VM but either or you could still do on the cheap.
The average person is not capable of setting up something like your referring to. This is what makes IPTV so popular to joe blogs aa a few simple instructions and they are online viewing premium channels

Very interesting Kurdt. As you mention I've got a current VM subscription, not Sky but I do have a sky dish in good condition in my garage... could that perhaps be utilised as part of the setup? I like the idea of not having to pay for a sub and am fine with wiring it in from outside :-) I've already got a FireTv 4k box and a zgemma too, so possibly could be low cost here for me.

Back