Police and FACT Raids Target “£3 Million” Pirate TV Operation

I do understand these FACT raids getting headlines, but so long as they mention sums like £3 million being made, rather than scaring people away from the idea it is far more likely to entice people into operating in this area.

I do understand these FACT raids getting headlines, but so long as they mention sums like £3 million being made, rather than scaring people away from the idea it is far more likely to entice people into operating in this area.

They'e full of $h!t, what they mean is, they estimate that £3M has been lost....1000 clients @ £120 per month = £120K per month being lost in revenue and they 'think' it's been going on a while so they invent the £3M number to create headlines.
It's not £120k per month being lost because I'd say practically none of those 1000 people would pay for a sub with sky/vm legitimately.
Also there's nothing been lost, it's not like swindling the gas or electric meter where there is a physical product being used up that needs to be replaced at cost to them, it's data - ones and zeroes and they've 'lost' nothing.

They'e full of $h!t, what they mean is, they estimate that £3M has been lost....1000 clients @ £120 per month = £120K per month being lost in revenue and they 'think' it's been going on a while so they invent the £3M number to create headlines.
It's not £120k per month being lost because I'd say practically none of those 1000 people would pay for a sub with sky/vm legitimately.
Also there's nothing been lost, it's not like swindling the gas or electric meter where there is a physical product being used up that needs to be replaced at cost to them, it's data - ones and zeroes and they've 'lost' nothing.
If they didn't get caught out and carried on trading they would've have been able to bu Mr murdoch out for us all lol it amazes me how they get there estimates for big iptv suppliers

Remember FACT is a profit making business, therefore the more publicity and indeed propaganda they generate assists the growth and the profile of the company. They will never ever give a press statement that doesnt portray them as fighting a 'Holy War' against the 'Infidels' who operate IPTV. The only surprise I have so far is that they have not claimed money spent on IPTV helps fund ISIS!
You may laugh, but it isnt that many years ago that they and various trading standards offices were claiming that when you bought copy DVD's at the carboot you were helping to fund para-military organisations in Ireland. Out of curiosity I did some research, the statement was shown to be complete rubbish.
So treat what you read from companies like FACT with the same scepticism and distrust you would if it were an iptv service that was guaranteed not to glitch!

Remember FACT is a profit making business, therefore the more publicity and indeed propaganda they generate assists the growth and the profile of the company. They will never ever give a press statement that doesnt portray them as fighting a 'Holy War' against the 'Infidels' who operate IPTV. The only surprise I have so far is that they have not claimed money spent on IPTV helps fund ISIS!
You may laugh, but it isnt that many years ago that they and various trading standards offices were claiming that when you bought copy DVD's at the carboot you were helping to fund para-military organisations in Ireland. Out of curiosity I did some research, the statement was shown to be complete rubbish.
So treat what you read from companies like FACT with the same scepticism and distrust you would if it were an iptv service that was guaranteed not to glitch!
Pmsl isis funding

Back