Poor signal strength

dioufy

Hi, set my box up, all up and running now except for the poor signal

I currently have my Zgemma box downstairs and this is using a 20m cable. Is the cable losing its strength? I'm getting around 50-60% but it is erratic

Thanks

I take it you are talking about sat as you cant get a signal reading on cable?

worth getting the ladder out and making sure the dish is aligned - get a sat alignment tool from amazon.

20 meters should be able to cope, make sure the cable is good quality & that there are no kinks & chunks out of the cable.

I'm talking about my virgin cable line, I have my box coming into my house upstairs, I've split it from there and now have a 20m cable running dowstairs, picture is constantly breaking up and its currently un watchable.

What type of splitter are you using, is it one provided by VM? Did you make the cable up yourself with the f connectors? If so make sure it is a nice clean cut leaving you only with the copper line.

What type of splitter are you using, is it one provided by VM? Did you make the cable up yourself with the f connectors? If so make sure it is a nice clean cut leaving you only with the copper line.

Yeah pretty much this, after a few hours of trying I figured my signal problems were down to poor cabling and the splitter. So this would be the thing to check.

Thanks for the replies guys, managed to sort the issue out, seems the RF IN is very sensitive and it doesn't like me placing the connector in fully.

Maybe with the RF IN in a new location has made it really sensitive? - Just a thought.

Back