Pop up virus

gazc87

Hi people

Over the last week I have been having problems with pop ups either opening a new tab or a whole new window. This happens in all browsers (ie, firefox and chrome), I have been through the control panel and tried to remove anything that is suspicious.

Is there a program that can sort all of this out for me?

cheers

are you not running virus protection,sounds like you might have picked up a browser hacker,malewarebytes,avast antivirus and adblock plus i run on mine.

Yeah I've got bitdefender, spybot and malware bytes.

I think I've accidentally installed it while I've been downloading something through the cnet installer. Forgot to do custom installation.

Two things:

Go to the 'settings' dialogue in your browse. In there you'll find stuff like 'Extensions' 'Search Engines' 'Start pages' 'Home page'......go there and see if anything needs re-written. Note the intrusive elements,and close the browser - then try going to 'uninstall a program' in the Control panel.

You may find that some new programs have been written that you were unaware of (make sure your 'view' of this list is date sensitive, and relate to the stuff you've just sorted on your browser. Delete and reboot.

Best of Luck

You probably don't need all 3 programs running on your system consecutively. Bitdefender should be fine as your main AV solution and Malwarebytes can be a program you run on the side every now and then..

Looks like you may have some adware installed on your machine and it's probably installed a plugin that has changed your search engine aswell..

I would act on the suggestion above and run a full scan with bitdefender and malwarebytes

thanks for the help. All sorted now using bloons and dangerous method, malwarebytes picked up 17 things and this along with deleting things in the program list and also installing adblocker in chrome has sorted everything.

amateur hour not paying attention to what I was installing along with the program I originally wanted.

cnet is getting bad for this kind of thing.used to download from there all the time.now its a last resort.it is worth looking into malwarebytes pro.it costs but is well worth it for the realtime protection.

cnet is getting bad for this kind of thing.used to download from there all the time.now its a last resort.it is worth looking into malwarebytes pro.it costs but is well worth it for the realtime protection.
You can pick up malwarebytes pro serial keys for nothing just google it Why pay?

You can pick up malwarebytes pro serial keys for nothing just google it Why pay?

Because Malwarebytes is awesome and it supports the developer?

Funnily enough after this I did buy the pro version. Around £20 for a lifetime licence is a bargain...I may use torrents now and then but that's instead of buying a film for £15!

When they're being reasonable with their asking price I don't see why I would want to 'steal' a licence.

All depends how much you can afford I suppose.

Preview:

31oo.png

It certainly has changed a lot, I had run Malwarebytes AntiMalware for the first time on an XP machine, a neat program indeed, I wonder if this will work well on older hardware as the previous version did.

abolutely will dan. ive tried it on my friends old xp machine and have it on my old machine although i am running windows 7.and by all means do run it along with your antivirus as it picks up things the av wont.

Back