Portal 2 DLC #1 Will Be Free

axxxo

VIP Member
source in picture:
Though short on details, Valve hasn't wasted any time confirming its plans for Portal 2 DLC. After a massive launch just over a week ago – Valve says Portal 2 is its "fastest-selling" release since Half-Life 2! – the famously generous developer has outlined what it's calling "Portal 2 DLC #1."

For the asking price of $0, DLC #1 will offer "new test chambers for players, leaderboards, challenge mode for single and multiplayer modes, and more." While free DLC on the Steam-powered PC and Mac platforms is nothing unusual coming from Valve, DLC #1 will notably be "free of charge" on Xbox 360 and PS3 as well. Of course, adding Steam to the PlayStation 3 release was always intended to allow for this scenario, and we can only imagine Microsoft didn't feel comfortable with the Xbox 360 being the sole platform charging for otherwise free content.

Portal 2 DLC #1 is "targeted" for release this summer; it's not clear if that estimate is Normal Time or Valve Time, so don't mark up your Stephen Merchant calendars just yet.

What's this mean, that the online content will be free, so xbox live can't charge?, by that i mean, the software company normally charge Sony and Microsoft for the privelage, therefore they feel happy to charge users, but this time not, so they would be ridiculed if they charged?

Axxxo did i see this is actualy a cross platform game,i heard a reviewer mention playing it on a pc with someone else on a ps3

Love the thoughts of that Sinno, that sounds like someone thought outside the box for once - no matter what console you are on, you can play against the others - BRILLIANT

This is the show i saw it on wheelo Techzilla
look for the portal 2 episode
Code:
http://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail?pid=30908

Yeah i think its just between the ps3 and pc (steam).
Should be good to see if the pc gamers can keep trumps over the ps3 users!

Back