Portugal Removed From "Green" Travel List

pupuqiop

TK Supporter
Portugal will be taken off the UK's travel "green" list and relegated to "amber" from 04:00 BST Tuesday - meaning that people can only travel there for essential reasons and have to quarantine upon their return. The government says it follows "increased concern" over the spread of coronavirus variants, including a mutation of the so-called Indian variant, now called Delta. Meanwhile, seven countries - Afghanistan, Bahrain, Costa Rica, Egypt, Sri Lanka, Sudan, and Trinidad & Tobago - have been added to the "red" list, meaning these destinations should not be visited "except in the most extreme of circumstances".

Covid-19: Portugal off green list and 50% of UK adults fully vaccinated

And no new countries added to the list. Anyone had holiday plans affected?

There are several planeloads of City supporters who have been instructed to self isolate pending two clear covid tests following the Champions League Final in Porto last Saturday.

Looks like I'll have to cancel my 2 week holiday to Afghanistan, doesn't it?

This country is a shithole.
Last October I went to France, but I could have gone anywhere in Europe.
Total EU vaccinations =0
Total UK vaccinations =0

Now we have 65 million UK vaccinations and 150 million EU vaccinations I'm not allowed to go anywhere, a big Yayy for the "road out of this pandemic", kind of a waste of time bothering with the vaccine if it means were locked up every time someone in Portugal has the squirts or some kraut upchucks his schnitzel

This country is a shithole.
Last October I went to France, but I could have gone anywhere in Europe.
Total EU vaccinations =0
Total UK vaccinations =0

Now we have 65 million UK vaccinations and 150 million EU vaccinations I'm not allowed to go anywhere, a big Yayy for the "road out of this pandemic", kind of a waste of time bothering with the vaccine if it means were locked up every time someone in Portugal has the squirts or some kraut upchucks his schnitzel
100% agree absolute joke

Parents are going to Corfu next month both have had their vaccines. They have to pay for a Covid test before flying out and the same when coming back costing them approx £500 extra be so they've told me.

It's scandalous, the canary Islands have one of the lowest rates in the whole of Europe how it hasn't been added is beyond me , the government begged everyone to take up the vaccine, we all do and now no holidays, cheers great stuff 👍

Think they are petrified of what this Indian vairant is capable of.

If they acted sooner instead of pandering for trade deals with India then maybe you wouldnt be seeing cases rising now because of the indian variant.

Still with huge amount of people being vaccinated and this vaccine likely to work with this new variant we shouldnt be seeing restrictions like these now.

we where due to go to Madeira (portuguese island) next month, the island has 161 active cases, had a total of 72 deaths, and I need to have three tests when coming back to UK and have to isolate for 10 days. Just need a single test when arriving in Madeira.

now have decision

cancel altogether
wait for another 3 weeks to see if it moves back to green
go on own and leave mrs grog at home,, well she can't self isolate for 10 days due to work, I work from home so not an issue

for some reason mrs grog is not impress with the 3rd option, especially as it's her birthday that week

From what I can make out, the 21st lifting of all restrictions is what they are trying to protect - to ensure that happens on that day.
Surely once ALL restrictions are lifted, we can all go where we like, except red list countries?
Kinda makes a mockery of the vaccine rollout

Surely if you are vaccinated and get your negative tests, 2 days after you land surely you shouldn't have to quarantine again. Makes 0 sense to me. I know the vaccine doesn't stop you spreading it but what is the point in the tests on your way home if you have to quarantine anyway. Seeing you have to pay £300pp for a set of tests is scandalous

It's scandalous, the canary Islands have one of the lowest rates in the whole of Europe how it hasn't been added is beyond me , the government begged everyone to take up the vaccine, we all do and now no holidays, cheers great stuff 👍
Everywhere in the Canaries, are at level 1, except Tenerife, at level 2. There was 130 new cases the other day. 65% of them was in Tenerife. I have just had another flight cancelled for Gran Canaria, this time the return flight. Thats 3 flights in total now.

Does anybody think the government keep changing the goalposts, so the airlines keep the monies they have already taken, so Boris the Scarecrow isnt giving them all handouts???

From what I can make out, the 21st lifting of all restrictions is what they are trying to protect - to ensure that happens on that day.
Surely once ALL restrictions are lifted, we can all go where we like, except red list countries?
If I knew that was true I would hold wait it out rather than cancelling but so we don't lose and money we have to cancel no later than 28 days before we travel, I am thinking of looking at Gibralter and moving it forward to 2 weeks time so it can't be moved from green list, but hotels aren't cheap there, no all inclusive options which we normally do, and sure they will go up as the only place on green list that is possibly worth going to. Got to see if Mrs Grog can change holiday dates at work first.

Madeira website said if you have official documentation that you have had vaccine then no test required to come in, but doesn't say if NHS app is official documentation, why we can't say the same is beyond me

I think the travel restrictions will still apply even after 21st June

Madeira website said if you have official documentation that you have had vaccine then no test required to come in, but doesn't say if NHS app is official documentation, why we can't say the same is beyond me

You might be able to use that blue card they give you

Surely if you are vaccinated and get your negative tests, 2 days after you land surely you shouldn't have to quarantine again. Makes 0 sense to me. I know the vaccine doesn't stop you spreading it but what is the point in the tests on your way home if you have to quarantine anyway. Seeing you have to pay £300pp for a set of tests is scandalous
Looks like it will be another staycation in sunny Scotland again this year the thought of booking somewhere only for it to go pear shaped at the 11th hour just doesn’t appeal to me and being a tight Scotsman shelling out all that extra money for numerous tests brings me out in a sweat. I remember when £300pp was what you paid for your holiday :ROFLMAO:

Back