Positioner dead?

Hi all,

I have a Zgemma box driving a tm-2300 motor, which is proba ly 12 years old but has worked seemlessly. Just today discovered it is not driving the dish.

The motor does show the green led, I've checked fconnectors and tried another cable to no avail. Also tried the reset but nothing happened, also If I bypass the motor and plug direct to lnb I have signal so I know cable is OK I guess.

Liekly suggests the motor is knackered? Can the motor be opened up and repaired. Although 12 years old I wouldn't say the motor has been used loads.

Any ideas? Thanks.

By the time you have removed the dish it would be cheaper to renew it. Ps I have the same motor at the same age and all is fine I also have a spare 2600 motor

Think outside the box , could a failing power supply stop it , worth a try or another box to test with

Reduce the load/power requirement of your box by disconnecting the LNB does the dish move now ?

If you use the manual buttons east west can you get the motor to move ?

If none of the above work then strip the motor and look for corrosion on the internal f connectors and connections to the motor. If that does not work then your at the point of a new motor.

Seems I had a bad connection to the lnb from the motor. Since I had recently changed this I didn't check it yesterday.

I began by reflashing my box with latest firmware and then when reconnecting the cable which I had by-passed the motor with (to the motor input) and I saw the green led I then lost the led when i ran the cable form motor to lnb.

Oh well at least my box has benefitted if nothing else.

Thanks for the help!

Back