Potential scam

channelking

Hi guys

Need some advice please.

Been having few things being delivered to addresses on our road but not to our own address. Parcels that were delivered had my name and also family name despite not ordering these items at all.

Checked bank accounts and cards but no money has gobe out.

Phoned company where the items have come from but they won't give information.

Slightly concerned about this. Anyone come across this scam? Not sure what to do.

Not seen owt like this before only on stolen card details etc.
Latest call scam is Amazon prime membership and its getting out of control according to trading standards etc

Are they expensive items?
Are they all from the same company?
When you contacted them did you give your own name and address?

Value from items.are around £10.

One was delivered few days ago and today but both times to some other address.

When i spoke to the company told them my name and asked for.further information but because of data protection they couldn't give me anything.

Checked the company out seems legit.

Yes I've heard of this, its called "unsolicited goods". First came across this from an article in the ComputerActive magazine where a reader was receiving goods from a Chinese company, nobody knew why.

You'll get information about this from the Citizen's advice here's a couple of links I've just found, one being from Saga, states you can keep the goods..

Can I keep goods delivered to me by mistake?

Letter to say you received goods or services you didn't ask for

One I kept but will throw.away other one I have not bothered getting of person to who it has been delivered to.

This scam is odd if no money is being taken from me Why send goods? At that why to.wrong address as well?

Company is UK based i think.

One I kept but will throw.away other one I have not bothered getting of person to who it has been delivered to.

This scam is odd if no money is being taken from me Why send goods? At that why to.wrong address as well?

Company is UK based i think.

an old flame sending presents to you lol :smiley: (y)

But these items have be sent to my name and my brothers but not to my address. But to couple of addresses on the same road.

Spoke to them to say we didn't order anything from them so why is our names being used. Our emails addresses and mobile numbers they seem to have as well. Keep asking them for further information about these orders but they are messing us about.

I don't believe card/bank details are compromised. But somehow whether the company or who sent the items they have our details like name, emails and phone numbers.

But these items have be sent to my name and my brothers but not to my address. But to couple of addresses on the same road.

Spoke to them to say we didn't order anything from them so why is our names being used. Our emails addresses and mobile numbers they seem to have as well. Keep asking them for further information about these orders but they are messing us about.

I don't believe card/bank details are compromised. But somehow whether the company or who sent the items they have our details like name, emails and phone numbers.
try putting in to company a SAR - subject access request for data held about you, company has to legally oblige

Yes I've heard of this, its called "unsolicited goods". First came across this from an article in the ComputerActive magazine where a reader was receiving goods from a Chinese company, nobody knew why.

You'll get information about this from the Citizen's advice here's a couple of links I've just found, one being from Saga, states you can keep the goods..

Can I keep goods delivered to me by mistake?

Letter to say you received goods or services you didn't ask for

i read about this ages ago too
‘Amazon, why am I deluged by unwanted parcels?’

Only difference is not actually being delivered to my address but someone else's. Whether they have my address not sure.

Got my emails addresses and phone numbers and names of myself.and family.

Not sure what they are trying to do here really bugging me this.

No I asked parents and they said not ordered anything off that company.

It was a big box and had a small spray for shoes in it.

The other parcel which was delivered to an elderly couple on my road havent checked that as main reason is dont want to go to their house just in case of what is happening presently. Dont want them to catch anything.

No I asked parents and they said not ordered anything off that company.

It was a big box and had a small spray for shoes in it.

The other parcel which was delivered to an elderly couple on my road havent checked that as main reason is dont want to go to their house just in case of what is happening presently. Dont want them to catch anything.

thats sensible thinking m8

Back