ppv boxing issues

toptinker

hi all. hope everyone is good.
well last night i had no problems watching the ppv boxing. prob for the 1st time ever.
in the past i have been ok watching the undercard matches, but once you get to the main event it will either go off altogether, freeze and buffer alot u skip through the other links/channels but usually all the same. then its to late you miss everything so then there is no point. i do understand the nature of this as its hit and miss. but as said no issues whatsoever last night.
ok to my point i did nothing really different last night only use ipvanish (on firestick) this took my download speed to approx 10mbps from a 30 mbps but was ok. come to think of it the only problem i had was before the main event where the firestick basically lost a internet connection. asked me to actually load my ip address (stick is wired connection) just nothing had to disconnect but still nothing had to connect via wifi ? weird any idea why this happened ? also had the stream on my tablet via wifi using a different provider with no vpn had no prob on that ?
so questions are should i use a vpn ? why work on 1 with a vpn and 1 without a vpn.
2 why disconnect via wired but ok once wifi. ?
3 i have noticed the feed was via showtime usa ? was this because tech fewer people would be using this ?
your thoughts would be great.

chris

I watched on showtime on zgemma no problem what so ever showtime is a good source for boxing streams itv box office was having stream problems lastnight as viewers complained again as was cutting out ect if your firestick disconnected could that have been down to the vpn even tho wired via ethanet or could it have been the ethanet adaptor try without vpn and only use if needed mate

not sure. i dont usually use a vpn just tried it last night. the tablet feed was ok without the vpn. again that was on showtime but from a diff source. so i would say the need for a vpn maybe not needed. although i am with sky so not sue ? i have the stick wired so its more stable ? just watched the live football. and again i found nbc usa feed the best so poss best to stick with these ?

Back