Premier league

grahamer67

TK Veteran
So the premier leagues back tonight, good to have it back, some big transfers yesterday and a few decent players coming into the league. Fulham and Wolves look like they mean business and have bought well, as for Cardiff they seem to have bought players more suitable to the championship, so i think they might struggle, as for the winners, i think Liverpool will do the business this season, but being a hammer, i hope they dont win their 1st match against us, i will happily take a draw. Lets hope its a great season.

So the premier leagues back tonight, good to have it back, some big transfers yesterday and a few decent players coming into the league. Fulham and Wolves look like they mean business and have bought well, as for Cardiff they seem to have bought players more suitable to the championship, so i think they might struggle, as for the winners, i think Liverpool will do the business this season, but being a hammer, i hope they dont win their 1st match against us, i will happily take a draw. Lets hope its a great season.
Completely agree from the transfer market and players coming in and teams not signing any players it does make it interesting I think the hammers should do well with the players they've signed always like to see promoted teams do well and give us big boys a run for our money

The last few seasons all the newly promoted teams stayed in the league and are still there, seems to be getting a lot more competitive, which can only be a good thing.

Good prediction pablo it is going to be tight but take Chelsea out of top 5 for this season

I don't fancy Arsenal or Spurs chances but wanted to give one London club a look-in, although I suppose Fulham would have filled that requirement.
I was going to say Everton, given their recent signings but they always manage to pluck defeat from the jaws of victory so they'll be mid table, yet again

Everton were another team to bring in a few good new players, so they might do well with their new manager, bad pre season though, even with their 22-0 win at the start of it.

What do you think of your new manager baz.
Tbh he did exceptionally well when with napoli I've seen a few pre season games and done well he's an attacking style of manager so can't say for now as too early but what he did with napoli I hope he can implement on us

I don't fancy Arsenal or Spurs chances but wanted to give one London club a look-in, although I suppose Fulham would have filled that requirement.
I was going to say Everton, given their recent signings but they always manage to pluck defeat from the jaws of victory so they'll be mid table, yet again
I would say Burnley Sean Dyche has done well with the budget he has to deal with so hopefully Burnley can make it higher than last season lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Still think Man City to win the league but will be first to retain it for a long time, all depends on injuries to all teams has this can impact you though out the season. Liverpool may beat them or finish second.
I'll watch Man United when I need an early night most boring team in the league, spent all that money all park the bus lol.

Everton were another team to bring in a few good new players, so they might do well with their new manager, bad pre season though, even with their 22-0 win at the start of it.
Don't rate Mario silva at all they couldve got a better manager than him or even bring moves back Everton was a good side under him and big Sam lol

Tbh he did exceptionally well when with napoli I've seen a few pre season games and done well he's an attacking style of manager so can't say for now as too early but what he did with napoli I hope he can implement on us

Don't think sari has the right players in yet to play his style high press and attacking, think David Luiz in a back four will struggle also Alonso at left back not wing back will also get exposed.

Still think Man City to win the league but will be first to retain it for a long time, all depends on injuries to all teams has this can impact you though out the season. Liverpool may beat them or finish second.
I'll watch Man United when I need an early night most boring team in the league, spent all that money all park the bus lol.
Yes the managers not looking too happy, could it be the beginning of the end for him?

Don't think sari has the right players in yet to play his style high press and attacking, think David Luiz in a back four will struggle also Alonso at left back not wing back will also get exposed.
He didn't have long enough to get the players he wanted we left it late for him to come to us tbh

Yes I know mate he played the best football in serie A along with Spalletti at Inter who played nice football at Roma also.

Still time also for Hazard to goto real Madrid has there window closes end of the month.

Last edited by a moderator:
He didn't have long enough to get the players he wanted we left it late for him to come to us tbh
normally wouldn't defend Marina & Board,but that little 3rd rate 'Bond Villain' ADL, held all up ,bled us for Jorginho, using all publicity to build himself up,not a Shark more a goldfish playing at being a shark. Kovacic hopefully will turn up when needed, Emerson, faster than Alonso, more in tune with Sarriball, we did run out of steam a bit in the pre seasons after 30 mins or so, with the mid field of Kante, Jorginho & Kovacic hopefully ball will move quicker to forwards, one worry is Morata, we did need a CF , while I'd love to see him come good,being realistic it's a long shot, will Sarri use Hazard or Willian as a 'Dries Mertens'? on the upside, we didn't get Higuain. First few fixtures aren't too bad, & if other early results go our way , you never know, would be confident of top 4 regardless

Back