Premium Channels not working because of TalkTalk?

Hi,

I’ve purchased a ZGemma H.2S box but only the free channels are working, and I think it could be related to my TalkTalk router/firewall settings. A little more info:

• It’s connected to an Ethernet cable and when I do a signal test (i.e. nameservers), all aspects are fine.
• I can login to my router through my computer and the Zgemma box is listed as one of the connected devices.
• I have tried it in a friend’s house (who set the box up for me) and everything worked straight away.
• ‘Select Cam 1’ is set as mgcamd_1.38r1’ ‘Select Cam 2’ is set as ‘no cam’
• I tested my phone line and couldn’t get it working. I then contacted TalkTalk who confirmed that my line was faulty and they now have an engineer trying to fix it remotely. However, my internet works fine so I’m unsure how this could be the cause of the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why it isn’t working? Or anything I can test? Seeing as though it worked straight away when the person I bought the line from plugged it in at his house, I suspect this is something to do with TalkTalk?

All help massively welcome as I really want to get this fixed.

Many thanks in advance.

Can you go into your router settings or your talk talk settings online and make sure any family safe shield type things are turned off.

If talk talk are working on the line it may be the problem, but if the internets working OK otherwise then its unlikely................

Have you tried using IPTV player on the zgemma. At least that would confirm the box is getting internet connection

Thanks for the suggestion. I've just tested and watched a video on YouTube through the box, so does this suggest that the problem is NOT with TalkTalk? I'm not very tech-savvy with things like this.

I have talktalk never had any problems have you tried restarting your cam or booting router and box at same time sometimes router does not recognise ip address so if you do a boot it can fix prob

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I've tried rebooting the router and box but not at the same time. I will try this now. Should I leave them disconnected for a short time or just immediately reconnect them both?

Is your line a C line or an N line? If it's a C line, in softcam panel (red button, Softcam panel) change cam 1 from mgcamd to CCam 2.3.0. Press green to restart the line.

Will try that now, Tich. Thanks.

Sorry Bobbywolly, I am unsure how to check whether it's a C or a N line? Also, if this weren't to work, could I easily switch the settings back to what they are now without losing any of the settings that are currently applied?

Tried restarting both as you suggested but that didn't work.

Thanks for clearing that up about the C/N line.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Again I really appreciate all your help.

It's a Live line but just not working.

Forgive me if this doesn't answer your question about the build, but if I go to Information > About, it says 'Model Zgemma H.2S'...... 'Build: 0'

Back