Premium Channels suddenly stopped working?

oshea7

Hi guys,

Had my box a couple of weeks now and all been working fine up until this morning.
The box had been turned off and then when i have turned it back on it as booted up as usual but only the FTA channels are showing a picture?
The sly channels are all still there and the program info comes up but when changing channels to one of them the picture just stays black?

Can anyone help on what i might need to do?
I bought this box as plug and play so it was all set up for me as soon as I received it so I don't really know anything about the technical side of it.
It is set up to the sucmnsee skin if that helps?

Thanks in advance

I've emailed but had no response yet but the channels were all working fine literally 5 minutes earlier it just seemed to be after the box was turned off and back on that the picture disappeared.

I have checked the network and it says LAN Connection

---------- Post Merged at 01:41 PM ----------

Press and hold the red power button on the remote for 3 seconds, scroll to Restart. Wait to reboot.

May just be a glitch.. I just had one after a crash.

Tried a reboot but still not getting a picture on any of the sly channels even though they are all still there. Can only get a picture on the FTA Channels

If internet connected, and you've restarted mgcam/softcam try running a scan again.

Menu
Setup
Service searching
Autobouquets maker
Providers. Wait
Sky UK (sd):area. Change from northern ireland custom to your area custom by pressing right or left.
Green to save.
Start scan. Wait.
Hold power Restart

After trying several things with no luck, i tried rebooting my router and now everything is working fine again!
No idea why as the internet was still working fine before i rebooted the router but just thought I would give it a try and it as fixed whatever the issue was?!

Thanks for all the replies

After trying several things with no luck, i tried rebooting my router and now everything is working fine again!
No idea why as the internet was still working fine before i rebooted the router but just thought I would give it a try and it as fixed whatever the issue was?!

Never had this problem with my S2, but had it happen a few times with my old F5s, where the only way to get the channels back was to reset my Sky router, so worth bearing in mind.

Just had the same problem, went online and saw this and it sorted it out. Many thanks.

cos somebody said the router builds up static so once a week its best to reset router don't know if this is true or not

I have just reflashed both my Z Gemma H2S boxes to wooshbuild 5.0.3 openatv.

Both are fed by ethernet cables

I have today experienced both boxes displaying black screens on paid channels. FTA are fine.

initially i checked all settings, network setting,line settings and all seemed ok. performed a reboot and no change.

performed a reflash and problem resolved.

few hours later both boxes again stopped displaying paid channels. this time reset router and worked fine.now waiting to see if it happens again and router reset was cause.

has anyone experienced this and if so what was the issue

The only time this happens for me is if I'm recording two things at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I've had the same I've set up a zgemma 2s for friend at mine all worked fine took friends and set up and FTA channels fine paid channels blank tryd reset of router , softcam reset , channels search , but no look , but worked fine at mine are sky blocking anything as I have own panel on server and it's all fine . Any info would be great

I am am whoosh build have 2 h2s boxes one plugged into my router and one on homeplugs I have a separate line on both and normally have 2 restart the cam on both boxes daily or wait 30-40 seconds for it 2 kick in over the last week tho both boxes have been going off line so all I get r FTA channels any help would b appreciated the lines r off different providers both say everything is ok when network test is done

Last edited:
Funnily enough this happened with me yesterday. Premium channels went black. I tried everything like a test line and it was dead, turn on a d off box etc. Eventually I turned off router for 5 mins and back on. It worked. I had previously restarted the router and that didn't work.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

All I have been reading that it is a glitch, I disconnected the box over night , plugged back in the next day and came straight on all channels working fine . So all I can say is unplug box leave for abit then plug back in should come on if not it's ur lines .

I have only had this issue when using wooshbuild. Reverted back to openvix and problem vanishes
I reloaded wooshbuild and problem returns.
Would suggest a bug of some sort. Will keep trying to resolve.

Back