*Pressing OK button twice to change channel, whats wrong ?*

pisshead

I hate having to explain this firstly on every post I make :(, I have a Zgemma i55 box & IPTV (it has no tuners for those that didn't know, its purely an internet tv box) and now I have the latest build of flash image installed (openatv 6.1 zgemma i55-28th Dec 2017 from the official openatv website), also using the excellent slyk Onyx skin too.

Anyway, Question time :confused:

When I go inside my bouquet channel lists like lets say for example into the news bouquet or sports bouquet or whatever bouquet and then hit the up and down arrows on my remote control joypad to move up and down the list of available channels, lets say I wanted to pick and watch the bbc news channel (as if, lol), I then click the OK button once on the remote, it should then take me straight to viewing that channel like it used to always be before this build, but now with just one OK press on the channel of my choice like bbc news the transparent background stays there and so does the rest of the channels listed too UNTIL I press the OK button again and then it goes to the channel just fine, but that's a pain in the arze, means two presses of OK to view a channel, that's not right, can't be surely ? :confused:

So basically, just like I explained, inside bouquet channel lists going up and down the list of channels, press OK on a channel once, it doesn't change to the channel, the transparent background stays there and the list of channels stay there UNTIL I press the OK button again and then it takes me straight to the channel.

I have never had this problem before and it's very annoying to me :grimacing:, if I press the OK button once I want to go to that channel straight away obviously like I have always been able to do before, hate having to press ok twice although some people will no doubt probably say it's not a big deal, well, I have never had this problem before.

Is there possibly a flaw/fault with this specific flash image build causing this or is there a simple option or two that I can change to allow me to pick the channel I want with just ONE press of the OK button ?

I have tried searching for ages the box menu's and settings etc but just can't find anything that would control this, remember I don't fully understand what exactly all options mean, so it may well be hiding in there somewhere and I just don't know it, maybe there is something I can select and I just can't see it ?

I hope I have explained this well enough ?
If anyone needs more info let me know thanks.

p.s - I have already asked for a separate zgemma i55 subsection of it's own but as of yet there isn't one or else I would have posted my question/problem in it directly, I have asked as you can see here > http://www.techkings.org/threads/can-we-have-a-zgemma-i55-section-please-to-do.135802/#post-831370

In EPG press menu change ok button (short) to Zap and Exit

where mate ? do you mean in Multi EPG, Single, infobar, graphical infobarEPG or graphicalEPG ?

They all have settings for OK button short and OK button long and they are all set OK button short = Zap
and then Ok button Long = zap + exit, thats the way they all are set in all those places.

I tried doing what you suggested @dsayers2014 in the multiEPG one and it didnt make any difference, reebooted the box too, still the same so just changed it back.

You or anyone got any other ideas, I didnt even know those sections were hidden away in there but I do now, lol, but anyways, no luck by the looks of it :(

where mate ? do you mean in Multi EPG, Single, infobar, graphical infobarEPG or graphicalEPG ?

They all have settings for OK button short and OK button long and they are all set OK button short = Zap
and then Ok button Long = zap + exit, thats the way they all are set in all those places.

I tried doing what you suggested @dsayers2014 in the multiEPG one and it didnt make any difference, reebooted the box too, still the same so just changed it back.

You or anyone got any other ideas, I didnt even know those sections were hidden away in there but I do now, lol, but anyways, no luck by the looks of it :(
After pressing EPG button when in a bouquet press menu then change ok button (short) to Zap + Exit.

It's the GraphicalEPG settings.

grab-2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

After pressing EPG button when in a bouquet press menu then change ok button (short) to Zap + Exit.

It's the GraphicalEPG settings.

View attachment 29885

Tried it mate, went into EPG and then into the GraphicalEPG settings then changed ok button (short) to Zap + Exit, saved it (pressed green), rebooted box just in case it needs a reboot for this change, but still no joy :( So, I changed it back to Zap again in the meantime.

Do you or anyone else have any other ideas ? Could it be I am locating the settings I am changing in the wrong area, the only way I can see these options is going in by setup then EPG etc and so on, unless I am in the wrong place doing this ?

I just press menu on EPG to get to those settings but it should work whilst going through the menus

My other i55 box has 6.1 installed too but it's from about a week or so ago and it works perfect in this respect and no problems, can't imagine a very slightly updated image update would cause this problem, can you or anyone ?

My other i55 box has 6.1 installed too but it's from about a week or so ago and it works perfect in this respect and no problems

Back