PRIME DAY DEALS 2022

Best Deals checked by Money Saving Expert

Deals checked at 3.16pm on Tuesday 12 July:

Amazon Devices:

• Echo Dot (3rd generation)* – £16.99 (was £39.99). Cheapest ever price at Amazon. Next cheapest, £24 at Argos, Currys and John Lewis.
  • Echo Dot (4th generation)* – £19.99 (was £49.99). Cheapest ever price at Amazon. Next cheapest, £27.99 at Screwfix.
  • Echo Show 10 (3rd generation)* – £189.99 (was £239.99). Cheapest ever price at Amazon. Next cheapest, £239.99 at Argos, John Lewis, Very.
  • Fire TV Cube* – £54.99 (was £109.99). Cheapest ever price at Amazon. Next cheapest, £109.99 at Argos.
  • Fire TV Stick 4K* – £22.99 (was £49.99). Cheapest ever price at Amazon. Next cheapest, £49.99 at Argos.
  • Fire HD 8 tablet* – £34.99 (was £89.99). Cheapest ever price at Amazon. Next cheapest, £89.99 at Argos, John Lewis and Very.
  • Fire HD 10 tablet* – £79.99 (was £149.99). Cheapest price at Amazon since 1 December 2021. Next cheapest, £109.99 at Dimprice.co.uk.
  • Blink Mini* – £19.99 (was £29.99). Cheapest price at Amazon Since 31 December 2021 when it was £18.99. Next cheapest, £29.99 at Argos, Currys, John Lewis.
  • Ring Video Doorbell (wired)* – £35.99 (was £49.99). Cheapest price at Amazon since 29 November 2021 when it was £34. Next cheapest, £49 at Argos, B&Q and Currys.
Popular brands and products:

Nothing ships to Ireland any more. And international version of fire tv is never discounted.

B@stard thing can't/won't ship to Ireland. Could ship to the in-laws in London, Don't know when they'll be over though.

@Willo3092 I hope you don't mind that I moved your post in here, I just though it best to keep all the offers together.
What was you after as could’ve ordered it for you and sent it over.
As I sent a pair of Yeezy and Gucci tracksuit to Ireland

Yup. Bought a fire kids back along and they even killed the subscription on it.
Even if they do ship things here they get hit with tax often. Other than prime video , prime is bit of waste time for Irish users now. Might cancel it myself.
brexit fecked up everything for us irish buying across the pond.

Amazing that we can get deliveries from China for pennies. Via wish/aliexpress without issues.

I'd blame those not dealing with the changes. Adapting. Out of spite.
Yup I think it was EU being a bit awkward too.

I had friend buy a fire tv for me and ship it.
They still opened it up and customs hit me with tax on it. Unreal.

Irish online shoppers see biggest jump in customs charges, survey finds

Their really should have been an allowance for Ireland, we have shit all supply ourselves. Most of our goods come from UK when shopping online.

Surely it makes sense for the people from southern Ireland to buy their goods from Europe and not from the UK. There would be no import duties if buying in Europe surely.

Surely it makes sense for the people from southern Ireland to buy their goods from Europe and not from the UK. There would be no import duties if buying in Europe surely.
As has been mentioned the offers that are available in the UK are not available in the EU

As has been mentioned the offers that are available in the UK are not available in the EU
Oh ok, I must have missed that bit, surely though after vat and import duty there cannot be much of a saving. Going the other way I bought a retro computer from Spain recently and the seller put the costs down at euro 99 and it came through via a courier with not vat the pay :)

Oh ok, I must have missed that bit, surely though after vat and import duty there cannot be much of a saving. Going the other way I bought a retro computer from Spain recently and the seller put the costs down at euro 99 and it came through via a courier with not vat the pay :)
Yes , Europe sometimes is cheaper but shipping costs can also be expensive from mainland Europe or most of time they don't ship to Ireland at all.

Since Brexit, online shopping has been much more difficult.

Amazing that we can get deliveries from China for pennies. Via wish/aliexpress without issues.

I'd blame those not dealing with the changes. Adapting. Out of spite.
aliexpress aint what it used to be in my humble opinion, prices have risen and then the long wait on top, rarely use it now unless im looking for something specific.

Yup I think it was EU being a bit awkward too.

I had friend buy a fire tv for me and ship it.
They still opened it up and customs hit me with tax on it. Unreal.

Irish online shoppers see biggest jump in customs charges, survey finds

Their really should have been an allowance for Ireland, we have shit all supply ourselves. Most of our goods come from UK when shopping online.
Sadly EU won't allow it. Ireland isn't a part of the UK but a lot of imports go through there that's why UK are looking at breaking the deal.

We should be allowed a free market for Ireland but I guess that would become a concern for EU with companies shipping to Ireland and delivering to the UK or UK companies shipping to Ireland then other countries.

I know my workplace would try similar if a loophole is found as the produce products to various EU/none EU countries

Back