Prince Phillip Has Passed Away Aged 99

A bigot who enjoyed the unearned privilege of an out of date and frankly immoral system.

Yah I won't be shedding any tears

Last edited by a moderator:
there is a showgirl called Kirkwood who said in her will that her letters from Prince Philip can only be handed over to his biographer after his death. Maybe the English press might report on some of the things the us press went big on in the 90s.

Interesting to see how brave our so called fearless press will be.

My guess is supine

there is a showgirl called Kirkwood who said in her will that her letters from Prince Philip can only be handed over to his biographer after his death. Maybe the English press might report on some of the things the us press went big on in the 90s.

Interesting to see how brave our so called fearless press will be.

My guess is supine

Prince Philip ‘vindicated by letters’ amid rumours he had affair with West End star

In 2012, the Telegraph reported that royal biographer and historian Michael Thornton had custody of the letters between Philip and Pat.

Mr Thornton claimed he wasn’t allowed, by the terms of Pat’s will, to show the letters to anyone “except the person who will be chosen as Philip’s official biographer after his death”.

He added that Pat was reportedly upset that Philip never released an official denial of the affair to protect her reputation.

She reportedly wrote to Philip: “If there had been some support from your direction, the matter would have been quashed years ago, instead of [my] having to battle a sea of sharks single-handed.”

The real gentleman right there. Usually it's the man defending the lady's honour. We will see what the letters reveal. And what other accounts from the dozens of suspected mistresses will be revealed

Had the internet been as ubiquitous in the 90s the divide in how the rest of the world reported on the queen's marriage and the fawning way our press refused to publish those accounts would have been unenforceable.

"He never released an official denial of an affair"

He also didn't release a denial that he'd been visited by aliens and another denial that he owned a house on the moon.

No one gives a shit what the US journalists reported on forty years ago about something that may or may not have happened seventy years ago.

He raised millions for charities
He served in WW2
He set up several schemes at home and abroad to help millions of young people
He carried on working until his mid nineties.

And yes - work - getting up at 5am and travelling to Cornwall or Glasgow to make a speech or shake hands with people sounds like fun but not when you're 93 and you've done the same thing for the past sixty odd years.

RIP Prince Philip

i get that a lot of people think him a rather charming figure.

i find him and his wife to be repellent and the family what with its stinking odour of racism, paedophilia, disdain for the people they sponge off and all-round moral weakness is a stain on our democracy.

funny that amid all the hagiographies lauding his irascible bigotry and ability to shake hands and talk for a living people never mention how a great father he was to his sons, and how he made them the modern gents they are today.

that he supported the queen in her abandonment of their first born makes him her rock.

a man is a father and husband first.

and he was a pigmy of a man in that regard.

i get that a lot of people think him a rather charming figure.

i find him and his wife to be repellent and the family what with its stinking odour of racism, paedophilia, disdain for the people they sponge off and all-round moral weakness is a stain on our democracy.

funny that amid all the hagiographies lauding his irascible bigotry and ability to shake hands and talk for a living people never mention how a great father he was to his sons, and how he made them the modern gents they are today.

that he supported the queen in her abandonment of their first born makes him her rock.

a man is a father and husband first.

and he was a pigmy of a man in that regard.

Don't really think its the place to be talking about such stuff mate.

It's all well and good having your opinion and everyone is entitled to it but going a bit overboard under the circumstances.

Don't really think its the place to be talking about such stuff mate.

It's all well and good having your opinion and everyone is entitled to it but going a bit overboard under the circumstances.
You saying that cause Hiteck told you off earlier

I'd like to apologise to any members of the royal family who came here to find out which box has the best upscaling for IPTV sports channels but found their dead relative being slandered by myself.

I would like to offer some mitigation for speaking ill of the dead in that I was just as vile about him when he was alive.

Some of his quotes.

While watching Elton John at the Royal Variety Performance he was heard saying: "I wish he'd turn the microphone off."
To an attractive blonde well-wisher during a Diamond Jubilee visit with the Queen to Bromley, South London: "I would be arrested if I unzipped that dress."
On the Duke of York’s house, 1986: “It looks like a tart’s bedroom.”
To a civil servant, 1970: “You’re just a silly little Whitehall twit, you don’t trust me and I don’t trust you.”
To multi-ethnic Britain’s Got Talent 2009 winners Diversity: “Are you all one family?”
When offered wine in Rome in 2000, he snapped: “I don’t care what kind it is, just get me a beer!”
“I don’t think a prostitute is more moral than a wife, but they are doing the same thing.” 1988.
On Princess Anne, 1970: “If it doesn’t fart or eat hay, she isn’t interested.”
After being told that Madonna was singing the Die Another Day theme in 2002: “Are we going to need ear plugs?”
To Atul Patel at reception for influential Indians, 2009: “There’s a lot of your family in tonight.”
Peering at a fuse box in a Scottish factory, he said: “It looks as though it was put in by an Indian.” He later backtracked: “I meant to say cowboys.”
To a woman solicitor, 1987: “I thought it was against the law for a woman to solicit.”
After the Dunblane massacre, 1996: “If a cricketer suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, are you going to ban cricket bats?”
To the Scottish WI in 1961: “British women can’t cook.”
“I’d like to go to Russia very much – although the bastards murdered half my family.” 1967.
To Aboriginal leader William Brin, Queensland, 2002: “Do you still throw spears at each other?”
“People think there’s a rigid class system here, but dukes have even been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.” 2000.
To Scottish driving instructor, 1995: “How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?”

Some of his quotes.

While watching Elton John at the Royal Variety Performance he was heard saying: "I wish he'd turn the microphone off."
To an attractive blonde well-wisher during a Diamond Jubilee visit with the Queen to Bromley, South London: "I would be arrested if I unzipped that dress."
On the Duke of York’s house, 1986: “It looks like a tart’s bedroom.”
To a civil servant, 1970: “You’re just a silly little Whitehall twit, you don’t trust me and I don’t trust you.”
To multi-ethnic Britain’s Got Talent 2009 winners Diversity: “Are you all one family?”
When offered wine in Rome in 2000, he snapped: “I don’t care what kind it is, just get me a beer!”
“I don’t think a prostitute is more moral than a wife, but they are doing the same thing.” 1988.
On Princess Anne, 1970: “If it doesn’t fart or eat hay, she isn’t interested.”
After being told that Madonna was singing the Die Another Day theme in 2002: “Are we going to need ear plugs?”
To Atul Patel at reception for influential Indians, 2009: “There’s a lot of your family in tonight.”
Peering at a fuse box in a Scottish factory, he said: “It looks as though it was put in by an Indian.” He later backtracked: “I meant to say cowboys.”
To a woman solicitor, 1987: “I thought it was against the law for a woman to solicit.”
After the Dunblane massacre, 1996: “If a cricketer suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, are you going to ban cricket bats?”
To the Scottish WI in 1961: “British women can’t cook.”
“I’d like to go to Russia very much – although the bastards murdered half my family.” 1967.
To Aboriginal leader William Brin, Queensland, 2002: “Do you still throw spears at each other?”
“People think there’s a rigid class system here, but dukes have even been known to marry chorus girls. Some have even married Americans.” 2000.
To Scottish driving instructor, 1995: “How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?”
my kind of guy.
Says what everyone is thinking and not afraid to put it on record
Sadly we now have to put up with a million and one people pretending to give a crap

Back