Problem after adding portable drive

PeterJ386

Hi,

I'm trying to get a new 1TB drive to work with my my Openbox V8S. I'm very much a novice and have managed to format the drive to FAT32. When I connect the drive to the V8S it says connected. I'm trying to update the EPG and then of course generally use the drive to store recordings and update the EPG. My problem is that when I go to the EPG and Timer settings, where it says Internet XMLTV at the bottom of the menu list, the box just hangs. The remote no longer works and I have to literally unplug the power cable to switch it off and on again.

I used to have a memory stick doing the same thing but there wasn't much memory on it. I used to be abe to go through the above sequence and it would update and then give me an updated EPG. I'm obviously doing something really stupid and given my lack of knowledge, I'm afraid I've either bought the wrong drive or will somehow screw something up for good if I carry on trying stuff I don't really understand.

If anyone can help, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Peter

there are many posts on forums saying not to use portable usb hdd but to get externally powered ones as easier for box to set them up and work.
most boxes setup the hdd themselves maybe to a different format and if not mounted correctly?

Cheers,

I tried the old memory stick by wiping it. The stick has worked so I may have find some other use for the HDD and buy a larger memory stick I think.

Try updating the epg in network app it's on local network settings that's how I update my epg press network app then xmltv scroll to United Kingdom then press red . I don't understand why your in epg and timer settings anyway

Back