Windows 7 Problem installing windows 7 on a Toshiba Satellite l500 laptop

maff

VIP Member
Trying to install windows 7 on a Toshiba Satellite l500 laptop, i've changed the boot sequence to cd/dvd. when i power on it says "press any key to boot from cd/dvd" but when i try pressing a key nothing happens.I've tried many times with different keys. after a while it times out and boots from hdd and we're back with sh***y vista.keyboard works fine once booted up just not when i need it most. GODDAMIT. Would appreciate any ideas or advice. cheers.

as dee said those guys are the experts - but its probably something really daft. have you made sure that it does boot from cd/dvd - i mean did it save it to do that. have you tried pressing the enter key ?? just an idea, those guys will be on later this evening have no fear you will get the answer on here :)

wont boot from cd/dvd

cheers for the advice,i've checked the boot is set(and saved) to cd/dvd. tried every button on the keyboard,dont know whats going on. I've done loads of installs but never come across this problem before. Think i should p.m those guys or will they respond to my crys for help? :bang head:

cheers for the advice,i've checked the boot is set(and saved) to cd/dvd. tried every button on the keyboard,dont know whats going on. I've done loads of installs but never come across this problem before. Think i should p.m those guys or will they respond to my crys for help? :bang head:

post your problems in the forum, most the time, the users may not check their inbox, hope you find a solution to your problem.

Won't boot from cd/dvd

Thanks for the link but still can't find anything that points to my problem. Its the booting from cd/dvd that im having a problem with....is there anything i can do in the bios to check if things are ok?

Thanks for the link but still can't find anything that points to my problem. Its the booting from cd/dvd that im having a problem with....is there anything i can do in the bios to check if things are ok?

try disabling all other devices and try booting from the CD/DVD or try another bootable disk and see if it works?

i had a problem with booting from CD/DVD i restarted machine and then pressed enter when asked if you want to boot from CD

goto to your cmos and turn off the boot protection

or boot up with vista put the dvd in the drive and install

Hi drbessco, could you check device manager and see if the dvd drive is enabled? there maybe an exclamation mark or X symbol next to it.
Start, right click Computer and then select Manage.

edit:
You might want to follow sinno's post also.

Last edited:
and also make sure the drive is reading the win7 dvd it sounds to me like thats where the problem is 1. make sure its bootable,

Sorted! Suddenly decided it would boot from cd/dvd. don't know why it didn't before. Anyway thats the end for vista in this house! Cheers for the help and advice.

Haha. Dont think i did anything there but thanks dude! (i already knew that though lol )

Back