Problem Viewing recording from hard disc

drysdaj

When selecting a Recording to watch i'am getting a blue spinning wheel on the screen and it's taking ages to select the recording. When it does select a recording it plays ok but when I try to go back to the directory the spinning wheel appears again and It takes another age to find the directory.

It's a 500gb hard drive and had been
used on a Zgemma h2s for several years.

It maybe to late if this can be resolved as I stupidly pulled the usb lead out before switching the box of and now nothing is showing on the hard drive.

Hoping someone can resolve this. Thanks on advance

I would be asking if hdd is a usb portable or usb powered externally.
Swapmanager and cacheflush needed on this box and limit your extras as its struggling.

hdd initialised,setup on swap manager,auto start ticked,n swap active ? then mounted on media/hdd ?
If I carry out the above actions will this not wipe all recordings?

The hard drive in question has been attached to this zgemma for several years and has been working fine it only recently started to display the blue spinning wheel and taking ages to locate a recording that has been previously recorded and stored on the hard drive.

I would be asking if hdd is a usb portable or usb powered externally.
Swapmanager and cacheflush needed on this box and limit your extras as its struggling.
usb is a portable one, it's been used on this box for years and has only recently started behaving like this. It a h2s box I got confused and posted in the star 2 section by mistake.

Put the hard drive back in the box and see if it picks up the recordings.If it does it means its still mounted so myself i would leave it in the box and add a usb and do an online flash and update it.What firmware is on the box

If I carry out the above actions will this not wipe all recordings?

The hard drive in question has been attached to this zgemma for several years and has been working fine it only recently started to display the blue spinning wheel and taking ages to locate a recording that has been previously recorded and stored on the hard drive.
Yes as if u have setup originally correct as above u will have 2 delete swap n mount b4 removing .then reanitialise. Swap set at 256..active.autostart n then save mount on media/hdd

Put the hard drive back in the box and see if it picks up the recordings.If it does it means its still mounted so myself i would leave it in the box and add a usb and do an online flash and update it.What firmware is on the box
Hard drive back in box and it picks up all the recordings. Added a usb to the usb slot in the front of the box, did an online flash, hard drive still slow to load

By firmware do you mean wooshbuild and open atv versions?

Prior to reflash had Wooshbuild infinity. After reflash only open atv v6.2. Hard disc still slow loading.

Seems like you have to much stuff on the hard drive so delete anything not required off it and check in the trash bin.Maybe time to look at a better setup as sure you mentioned it was a zgemma 2s model and they are years old now

Usb portables i wont use as they rely on usb socket been good,maybe add a powered hub might help and no extras as mentioned before.

Is swapmanger in the plugins I can't find it
you did not say what your are running if openatv, then press red button on remote control

next select plugins and you should see

Or press menu \ Info Panel \ Plugins

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 4
usb setup
menu,setup,system,storage devices
initialise