Problem with box crashing after changing skin

Toddy2

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Tried changing skins today on H7s openvix, I was on Metrix and thought I would try Sky New ! Downloaded from site and ftp ok
Restart gui and all seems well , but when you try to get up multi epg up box crashes, found a work round with single epg in favourites for recording purposes!
Anyway thought I would try another skin but all the ones I tried I got the dreaded crash as soon as epg button was pressed!
There must be a simple answer I'm missing.
It is a secondary box used for recording so may just reflash it afresh and give it another go

It maybe due to the epgselection.py as lots of code has changed since the skin was made. @Willo3092 has been playing with sky new skin maybe he can send you his epgselection.py to see if that solves it. If it doesn't reflash but don't use the skin.

It maybe due to the epgselection.py as lots of code has changed since the skin was made. @Willo3092 has been playing with sky new skin maybe he can send you his epgselection.py to see if that solves it. If it doesn't reflash but don't use the skin.
Cheers mate! I will reflash it, just a bit baffled why all the other skins in openvix plugins did the same once I changed it!

I haven't tried SkyNew, it was the Freesat skin I've been messing about with but I would imagine the code is similar.
I have got it working fairly well on ViX with a skin_user.xml.

My epgselection.py is still a work in progress at the moment.
A few wrinkles with the add autotimer bit. It still keeps jumping back to now on the epg once you have added an autotimer, rather than remaining at the last position.
Add timer works as expected. I've got a couple of days off so will have a tinker with it.

I ditched the 'option' button and just using the record button on the remote to set timers and autotimers.

This isn't Freesat btw, it's ViX Turqoise.

1582834418380.png

Last edited:
I've built my own version of ViX for the H3 and H5 series in the hope that it will convince people to upgrade to an OpenViX supported box.
H7 and H9's are supported by the ViX team.
I flashed back to fresh openvix now on my h7s and all is working well on the skins available! All with no jump back or crash on multi epg, last time I play with notions of improving skins! Thanks for help and support!

I flashed back to fresh openvix now on my h7s and all is working well on the skins available! All with no jump back or crash on multi epg, last time I play with notions of improving skins! Thanks for help and support!

The standard epgselection.pyo works as expected on ViX and ATV and doesn't jump back to the present time in the epg.
The modified version from KiddaC and the one in Wooshbuild (apparently, but I haven't tried it. might even be the same file) return to the current time when you set a timer or autotimer in the future.
I've been trying to sort it out but struggling. It may need someone with some knowledge to look at it.
I am very much a bodge artist when it comes to coding :whistle:

hi dsayers i take it that skin kiddac working on called xstreamity wont work on wooshbuild?
Xtreamity is a beta iptv player plugin not a skin but no reason it shouldn't same with his skins.

Builds shouldn't really matter when installing skins and plugins only if compatible with the core openatv or vix images, unless the plugin/skin has been designed for specific builds.

Back