HD51 4K Problems mounting NAS, help required please.

pebbleridge

I have tried to mount my NAS Drive onto my Mutant HD51 and I'm "nearly" there, I just need help with the last bit.
First the details:

Mutant HD51 with OpenVix 6.2.008 and NAS is WD MyCloud.

Step 1: My PC couldn't see the Mutant to start with, so I googled it and the advice was to install SAMBA on the Mutant, which I did. My PC can now see the Mutant Files:-

mount.jpg

So now I mounted the NAS on the Mutant which appeared to work
mount1.jpg

Then to find some files I used the media scanner plugin.
mount2.jpg

Selected the public Directory on MyCloud.
mount3.jpg

But it didn't find anything
mount4.jpg

Obviously I have done something wrong, but I don't know what.

Any pointers would be appreciated. :smiley:

Have you ensured that you have created Shares on your WD Mycloud? If you haven't shared the folders your device will see the NAS but not the files

Why is /media/hdd not mounted?

1659042436659.png

As Kaspas4450 said you need to have a shared folder on the NAS.
I would delete your existing mounts and extract and edit the attached automounts.xml with your details and save and copy to /etc/enigma2/
Reboot and go into mount manager and it will have the little red cross on it showing that it's not mounted.
Click on it and overwrite the existing mount and it should mount correctly like this:

1659043131465.png

Attachments

• automounts.zip
    397 bytes · Views: 1
Have you ensured that you have created Shares on your WD Mycloud? If you haven't shared the folders your device will see the NAS but not the files
I forgot to mention that I have shared directories on the NAS, I have the Kodi app on my Smart TV and can watch the stuff on the NAS with no problems. I can also delete from Kodi if we have finished with a file,

Why is /media/hdd not mounted?

View attachment 78611

I didn't even notice the tiny cross on /media/hdd That's very strange because it's recording stuff and the recordings are showing up in the "list"

I've checked this morning and both entries have tiny crosses
As Kaspas4450 said you need to have a shared folder on the NAS.

I've definitely got shared folders on the NAS
I would delete your existing mounts and extract and edit the attached automounts.xml with your details and save and copy to /etc/enigma2/
Reboot and go into mount manager and it will have the little red cross on it showing that it's not mounted.
Click on it and overwrite the existing mount and it should mount correctly like this:

View attachment 78614

I will try that as you suggested. Many thanks.

Click on it and overwrite the existing mount and it should mount correctly:
I looked at the automounts.xml and it looked a bit "scary" so instead I went back to mounts and tried again.
It added another mount for the NAS and I was surprised to find out that it worked :unsure:
Even more confusing, the other one that I added also works, so I've no idea what I did wrong.
I'm going to play with it again this afternoon and see if I can get just one working and try to home in on the videos directory within the shares folder.

Before I take the plunge into willobuild, am I correct in thinking I have 4 "slots" on my Mutant so I can install willobuild and still be able to switch back to how it is now?

Also will it look like your screenshots straightway or will I need to install the skins etc separately?

Putty setup asks you what slot to flash to and you can reboot to another image with the multiboot selector in the standby/shutdown menu.
Everything is pre-installed, you just need to setup your video settings and tuners after restoring my settings.

Putty setup asks you what slot to flash to and you can reboot to another image with the multiboot selector in the standby/shutdown menu.
Everything is pre-installed, you just need to setup your video settings and tuners after restoring my settings.
Hi,
I have installed Putty but have a few questions before I go ahead.
Your instructions say to enter the password in network settings, is that the Samba password, I'm not sure of any other?
Putty has a few setting you don't mention, do I leave them as they are?
Port = 22
Connection type = SSH
and a box that says Telnet with a drop down arrow

Sorry to be a pain but I don't want to brick my box.

Hi,
I have installed Putty but have a few questions before I go ahead.
Your instructions say to enter the password in network settings, is that the Samba password, I'm not sure of any other?
Putty has a few setting you don't mention, do I leave them as they are?
Port = 22
Connection type = SSH
and a box that says Telnet with a drop down arrow

Sorry to be a pain but I don't want to brick my box.
Referring to the password you gave the box under network settings

1659365301433.png

After entering 'root' it will prompt you to enter your network password if you have set one.
Enter your password and press enter.
For security reasons there will be no visual indication in putty that you have entered a password.

This is the correct script:

Code:
wget --no-check-certificate -O install_vix.sh http://www.willobuild.net/files/Scripts/install_vix.sh && bash install_vix.sh

View attachment 78729

After entering 'root' it will prompt you to enter your network password if you have set one.
Enter your password and press enter.
For security reasons there will be no visual indication in putty that you have entered a password.

My Putty settings.

PS I tried the script above, but got the same result.

Attachments

• putty.jpg
    putty.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 7
Back